Search form

Question about Cell Animation Paint

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Question about Cell Animation Paint

I have a question about cell animation paint. I have went to my major art supply stores and they have recommeded just using acrylics or gauche. The problem with those is that they are not opaque enough nor do they have low viscosity (being very liquid). I went to that website called chromocolour.com but i dont want to purchase cell paint from england. I want to purchase it in the United States. It is extremely frustrating finding cell paint considering that animators probably use tons of that stuff to make full featured length movies. Why is this stuff so hard to find? What about acrylic vinyl or vinyl paint? what is that stuff. someone please help or im going to cry :-(

im tired of putting layers and layers of acrylic to make things opaque (especially red and yello) i just want one clean SOLID stroke

Hi there..try http://www.cartooncolour.com
They have been selling cel paint for years.

Thanks dartzy, however i got a few more questions:

#1) What is cell vinyl paint made of? Is it acrylic based and non toxic?
#2) Can you use Cell Vinyl Paint on canvas's and other mediums besides Cells?
#3) I normally use acrylics, and i need to put several coatings of paint to create a solid opaque layer. I DONT want to do that with cell vinyl paint. Acrylics are also very pasty and i dont like that. Is cell vinyl paint extremly opaque and does it have low viscosity (meaning its very liquid)?

By The Way

HELLO.

CARTOON COLOUR IS THE BEST PLACE FOR CEL PAINT (cel has one "L" in the States...two "L's in Europe")

Cel paint is a heavy acryllic paint.

Thanks.

Cartoon Color's Cel Vinyl is very opaque, quite liquid. More so than, say, liquitex.
The best thing is that the colors are really consistent batch to batch.

thanks

thanks everyone, i will buy cartoon colours cel paint soon. As soon as i get it, i will paint something and post it on this forum. I appreciate everyones opinion.