Search form

Animation Peg Punch

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Animation Peg Punch

For sale is a heavy duty, professional, spring loaded Animation Punch! The spring assist is on the return. I guess it helps to pull the punches up out of the paper, or acetate. It's also quite heavy (about 30 lb.). This is a used punch that saw its production history in animation studios of New York City.
The peg style is NOT Acme, or Disney, but rather "Oxberry". There is a 3" extension off of the side that allows the punch pattern to be extended. The 15 1/2" X 11 1/2" X (1/2" thick!) solid aluminum base plate shows some signs of its age, but this machine works like what I would imagine to be almost new! To test it, I placed the maximum amount of paper that I could fit in it (approx. a 1/8" stack), and it punched cleanly, and effortlessly! The foot long handle will be removed for shipping. This punch was quite costly when new, but I will sell it for $350 US, which includes a used, professional animation table disk with an Oxberry rail, and an extra Oxberry rail. That's one disk with a rail/pegs, an extra rail/pegs that can be used on your camera, and the matching paper punch.
I will ship anywhere in the world as possible, at buyer's expense.
A picture can be seen at http://www.silva-tc.com/aucpics/punch.jpg

Oct/07 This punch is still available as are the disk and peg rail. The punch cannot be modified from an Oxberry to an Acme.
I do not frequent this forum. I'm not the artist - my Dad is. However I can see when the picture is accessed through this site, and then I log on to see if there are any messages.
I can be contacted at joatmon@cybernex.net for those who might be interested.

oxberry punch

Hello,
Is your punch still for sale? Also, do you know where I can get an oxberry pegboard?
Thanks, K. yasinsky

The peg style is NOT Acme, or Disney, but rather "Oxberry".

Are the punch pegs removable , so it could be replaced by Acme ?

That's a great price for a heavy duty punch like that , but unfortunately I don't think anyone uses the Oxberry peg system anymore .

"EustaceScrubb" has left the building