Search form

Flash 5 help, Colors changing in GIF pub preview!

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Flash 5 help, Colors changing in GIF pub preview!

Haven't had this problem before, when I do a GIF publish preview several colors in my image change - khaki to reddish brown, pink to grey. I did create new colors and edited some of the existing colors so it's possible those are them, I'll need to double check. JPEG preview is okay but I don't like that grainy look- no idea what PNG is, just need something that will open in a word document. Images I'm working on are just simple line drawings of characters and objects for a project, really need to get this GIF problem resolved. Thanks!

Are you useing alphas or tints? If you are, that might be the problem. Could you post a jpg and a gif so we could see the difference? Png's allow for alphas.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Try adjusting your pallette settings under gif in the publish menu. With gif you'll get truer colors with adaptive or websnap adaptive.

If you are just looking for a static image, png should be fine, it's lossless, and colors in 24 bit are perfect.

The Portable Network Graphics (PNG) format was designed to replace the older and simpler GIF format and, to some extent, the much more complex TIFF format.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.