Search form

Heathen's Gallery

186 posts / 0 new
Last post

cool I'm liking it!

cart:D

Thanks again cartuneman! :)

Here are some random doodles I did.

Wow! I love your designs! the tree is really cool, also the cartoon of you sitting at the drwing board is really awesome.

Thanks ErikDraws. Actually it's not a drawing board, it's a desk...but it's all the same to me. :D

Here are some more doodles...

love the lil guy.....and the buildings too!

great sketches

Hehehehe thanks Cart.
Unfortunately now that school is back, I have no time to do anything other than sketching....

Well of course, I've been spending a lot more time on writing my comic script...

Here's something I did before art class. I already know the proportions are WWWAAYYY off, but I liked how his chest and shoulders turned out...

nice updates!!!! cool sketches. No time to do anything but sketch?? sounds good ;)

great stuff! and I agree, keep at it!..it's the best feeling when you see yourself growing as a artist. :)

Hehe thanks guys for the comments. Really makes me happy to know that people actually look at my stuff.

thee_nethken, yeah all I can do nowadays is sketch. It's not like I can bring an easel and a canvas with all my acrylic paints on public buses (although I might do that someday just to see people's reactions...), sketching is my only option, I have no time at school (why'd I have to take so many academic courses.... :( )

nonsense, sure is awesome to know you're improving. Looking back at my work from a year ago makes me cringe, I want to burn up all my old sketchbooks (also I'm running out of shelf space for them all.... :D )

Here's two little doodles that turned out alright...

lookin good looking good! i see, so ure busy with leanring all that academic stuff? well sketching is probably one of the best things an artist can do. Make the most of it! you ever do observational drawing on the bus? like of other people? their poses, theier expressions etc etc. Its good practice. I should really do it haha

Thanks thee_nethken, yeah I do observations drawings. However most of the time, when I'm drawing something, I try to reference from real life things around me, like if I'm having problems doing facial profiles, I look at someone's face to get it right in my drawing. So basically it's kind of half observational drawings...but most of the time they're straight from the twisted chaos of my imagination (which ain't much) .... :D

Did this in french class.

Did this in Physics class.

Did this while I was waiting to speak to my school counsellor. We chatted a lot.

More sketchiness....done during classes (I really should be paying attention in classes...oh well)

Done in Chemistry class.

Done in English class.

Done while waiting for my computer to finish going through its starting sequence (I have a crappy computer...)

cool sketches heathen, glad to see your drawing through french class, hahaa thats the only thing that kept me going thru french class too! for sure! Imagination drawing is very important too. especially for animators. heck, for any artist!!

I like the sense of perspective on that guy, very cool. more more! :D

haha yes thee_nethken, french class is such a bore! especially when you have some guy talking about some random university people should go to after highschool...

here are some more doodles....

these are damn good.. i wasnt drawing at all when i was in highschool :( , oh well gotta start sometime.... your definatly on your way to becoming a great artist, natural skills.

hey cool pics! really like that last one, awsome pose haha :D

thanks so much nonsense, yeah i've been drawing for some time now...but i've so much to improve and to do for my art portfolio.
hehehe i'm glad you like that one thee_nethken, haha actually it's a self-portrait and when i did it i really was dead tired...

here's some more useless doodles...

no doodle is useless! really cool, i esp like the animation sequence u did on the first one! nice, would like to see it movin for real.

That was a self portrait? haha, i didnt know that pose was humanly possible! :eek:

thanks thee_nethken, yes i really want to do animation but i'm kind of busy, so that'll have to wait. as for the self-portrait, exaggeration is so awesome!

anyways i haven't posted much of anything of late because i've been working on this comic that i'm planning to try and get published. here's a preview thumbnail type thing.... page 1.

Wow, some really nice work here and some fun characters.

comic looking cool, I dont see any continuity problems and the camera views looking good! you got to post the next bit, I wanna know whats going on! haha

what kinda style ya gonna do this in?

thanks bupaje for the comments!

as for the comic thee_nethken, i'm not sure what to call the style but it's more cartoonish than american type comics...does that help?...
anyways i'll post up the next few thumbnailed pages later in the week maybe...i'm still in the process of thumbnailing all of chapter 1, but i keep restarting everything because i'm never satisfied with it.

anyways here's a sketch of the main character waking up in the morning... didn't put a background cause i had already done some smaller sketches beside it of completely unrelated things...

Hey, neat! Improvement is shining through more and more!

Hey thanks Jabberwocky! It helps to be reminded to you're improving...'cept it's never good enough for my tastes. Guess that's what keeps me trying out new things.

Okay guys I really need help on something here. I've got two images and I really need help figuring out the shading and stuff. Could you tell me what works and what doesn't? I've showed them to my friends, most liked the hair shading in image two but....I just need more opinions to make a decision.

Your pencil work seems really good, meaning I like how you apply the shading. Both are good in that regard. Your lighting is off on both though.

If you look at the top of the breasts and the stomach on image 1 it seems to me that the light is in front of the character and maybe 10 o'clock? However the right arm seems to indicate the light is to the right of the character and in that case there should be a shadow on the body from the arm.

I'm a novice myself so maybe someone well leap in with a better observation or tips on how best to plan light sources/shading.

Thanks Bupaje, you're completely right about the lighting... I'll keep that in mind next time I do shadows and stuff.

Here's some stupid sketck, trying to make the character more feminine.

The profile doesn't work for me though...

yo! yeh i think the profile needs some tweaking for that more feminine look... Im pretty crap at drawing female heads though so dont listen to me! I need more practice drawing women.

Nice sketches though! :D

your skills sure are developing fast, keep it up! ;)

Mr Heathen,

WOW what can I say your work is looking cool......you are going to be a great contender when you get out into the working arena of art. I love watching people grow there art!

Thanks guys for the comments and encouragement. Really makes me happy to read 'em. Oh and by the way Cartuneman, I'm a girl. Just so you know. :D

Here's some more sketchiness. Really should be doing finished work....

screwed up the perspective on this one...

Perspective!!

:D
great work! just that center building seems a bit awry..i really like your characters too...

Go now! Its Free! YES Free!
www.derrickcanyon.com
See my work and me at these other sites! WOW!
http://fearcomedy.com/ (Comic Book Freelance)
http://derrickcanyon.blogspot.com/ (Sketcheroos)
www.radicalaxis.com (Atlanta Studio)
:eek:

thanks for the nice comments everyone (even if I did reply a few months late....hehe)

anyways i've been kinda busy...kinda? i mean extremely busy! what with all the damn college/university applications and scholarships and LPI exams that keep getting reschedueled because of extreme weather conditions....but finally! I'M ON VACATION!!!! (for the last time of course)

some random stuff... practiced my shadows and pen nibs skills...

i liked this version better, and i probably should've added shadows to the hair...

Stuff I did yesterday...

This one's a masked maya person.

Fox dude...

An elemental spirit.

Here's the two paintings I made as christmas gifts. You realize you're seeing these before the people who are meant to receive them. Anyways merry christmas everyone! :D

Hi there!

Geeez, doesn't look like you're on vacation! You actually look quite busy! LOL! I like the dude with the maya mask. It's well balanced, and not too much detail, just enough!

Smart of you to play with shading too...I wish I had more time to do thesame.

Hope the people like the pressies!

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Pages