Search form

Two Looks

By rundle | Sunday, April 2, 2006 at 2:09pm

Hey guys, I wanted to get some feedback on the 1st and 2nd blog designs. I incorporated your feedback on the first one regarding the background, and the 2nd is left-aligned and fluid just to mix it up a bit. Here are the two URLs:

http://businesslogs.com/extranet/clients/AWN/index.html (1st one)

http://businesslogs.com/extranet/clients/AWN/index2.html (2nd one)

What do you guys think? I'm partial to the 2nd one just because I really like how the header starburst came out.

Best,
Mike

TypeD's picture
Submitted by TypeD on

I like both templates for their simplicity and not being overly designed.

Template #1: I would say this is great, as long as fonts/font colors are customizable.

Template #2: Starburst header looks good! I like your background patterns (#1 & #2), but I think if there were less contrast between the two greys (#2) it would be less distracting. I like the single rounded corner, gives it a little design element Ñ I would maybe have a top left rounded corner in the comment bar to give it some continuity throughout the design of the blog. Also, I think the comment bar is a little too bright, it stands out more than the header. The focus should be the header first, description/abstract second and then the comment bar last.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks,
Deron

cdevroe's picture
Submitted by cdevroe on

Font and font colors will be customizable for each theme, I'm just finishing up the functionality for that, and hope to have that done today.

Dan Sarto's picture
Submitted by Dan Sarto on

First template - I think that we should go without any right side / left side background pattern. It doesn't really add anything to me. I'd also like to see a different color than Green for the title text, but I would guess that bloggers will be able to easily change that within the template [attachment template1_1].

As far as the second template, left side justification is fine. I think the main title text font is too thick and seem clunky - it's better in the first template. Also, I don't like the rounded corner on the top left only - it seems lost [see my other two attachments].

Dan

Dan Sarto is Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Animation World Network.