Search form

Best 2D Animation School In USA !

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Best 2D Animation School In USA !

Hello everyone !

This topic may not be new to some people. Well, I got a chance to study in the best 2D animation school USA, I knew some good names like CalArts, but I'm still not sure. I'm an illustrator, traditional 2D animator. . Even if it's expensive, I'm searching for the BEST school !!. Please if someone can help .. I'll be thankful, it's so urgent and important to me !

P.S / You could see my artworks & animation in my website, to see my artistic level, well ... it matters.

Thanx

kd_online's picture
Animated Life

Animated Life

Traditionally, CalArts has been noted as the best. However there are other good animation schools out there...

A good indicator of a good school is Pixar's list. There is a list on Pixar's website of animation schools. They say they don't endorse those schools, but hey, they have a list, and there are certain animation schools that aren't on it.

You can find that list here.

Follow @chaostoon on Twitter!

It all depends on how you learn best, and it comes down to finding a program that teaches in the way that you learn.

I like that ScatteredLogical !, I agree with you. The thing is that most of the schools I searched in, provide you with 4 years of education ( CalArts ) listed in Pixar's website .. is an example "thanx cartoonchaos", actually that sounds good and bad for me in the same time, 'cause I'm looking for a year or two years of education .. maximum.

I can say that I'm in a good level in drawing, and I'm producing animation using different software's right now, but I think that I need more study in the animation process. VanArts & VFS in Canada are the suitable schools yet I found .... a dimploma and high education in a year "as I knew". Yeah, I'm looking for a school USA but nothing came up yet, that suits my needs ....

Animated Life

Hello

Hello,

If you are talking strictly 2D-I would have to say CalArts is the place in the USA.

Thanks.

As a student, I have to vote for them too.

I've never gone but versus every other school with a 2D program of any kind, my secondhand experiences (that is, coming from people that HAVE gone that I talk to, or people that went and left early, or people that tried to get in, etc. even down to people who only visited)...

Hello,

If you are talking strictly 2D-I would have to say CalArts is the place in the USA.

Well, yeah, 2D for sure, but if we talked about 3D .. will it makes any difference ? CalArts seems amazing though, I visited their website before and saw students work. I thought that I could find a Disney school or something, CalArts could be the one ...

Animated Life

but if we talked about 3D .. will it makes any difference ?

You'd be surprised. Some schools are so-called "button pushing" schools, other schools teach you animation while showing techniques to implement it on the computer, others do 2D to teach foundations and then allow you to further your understanding with continued exploration done in 3D...some schools have animation as their sole concentration, some combine it with other elements of the production environment, etc.

Animation is animation, and 3D is 3D, but the difference in approach in how you take something that transcends medium and apply it to a specific one, can vary the end result considerably. It all depends on how you learn best, and it comes down to finding a program that teaches in the way that you learn.

As an aside, I strongly believe what I heard another student say, regarding whether to go to a community college, classes thrown together by a pro that he or she does on his or her own time, a full-fledged university, a "mill," trade school, online school, what have you......a 'real school' is the kind where you learn something.

Incidentally, as long as there's an English option on your site, when it comes to the press releases, I don't think anyone expects a translation, but a caption might work nicely. Or just a blurb that says "The articles aren't available in English, but basically this is what they say or what accomplishment they are documenting."

If there's nothing to pull from it, no explanation, it might as well not be available on the English version for all the information it provides.