Search form

Animation and FX 35mm Film Camera PACKAGE for sale

1 post / 0 new
Animation and FX 35mm Film Camera PACKAGE for sale

Mitchell 35mm Model GC Motion Picture Camera Package
- with a magazine, Animation Motor and Controller and all necessary cables; Friction Head; Baby Legs Tripod; and Metal Spreader.

This camera package is ideal for shooting time-lapse and stop motion animation / visual effects work though it could be used for live action and even high speed work.

It comes with a Thing 'M Camera Controller and motor designed specifically for shooting animation and effects. Simple to use and I will provide instructions for the controller as well (not pictured).

The system includes:

Camera Body- Serial Number 826

4 lens revolving Turret
Thru The lens Rackover viewing system
L Base
170 Degree Variable Shutter System
Footage Counter

One 400 Foot Mitchell 35mm Magazine in EXCELLENT CONDITION - was bought newly refurbished and has barely been used. Felt and rollers are in great shape and the camera spring operates well.

Original Mitchell Camera Case

The Tripod Head, Legs, and Spread shown are included in the offer. They are all in decent shape and are individually saleable items.

Other History of this camera package:

This camera was supposedly in a government warehouse for over 40 years before it was sold as surplus about 10 years ago for use on a stop-motion animation television show. It was tested for steadiness and light leaks and proved excellent; also I had it tested to be sure it was not radioactive Ð I had been told that this was used by the Navy for many years so wanted to be sure.

To my knowledge, it was used on several televisions shows and films including ABC's Bump In The Night, Nickelodeon's Life With Loopy and Fox's Monkeybone (directed by Henry Selick) . Many of the animators from "the Nightmare Before Christmas and James and the Giant Peach worked on these shows with this camera package.
It was also used to shoot many animated promotions and short films at Freak Show Films in San Francsico and at Charged in Brooklyn, NY.

http://www.michaeleder.com/Camera.htm

This has now been put up for auction on ebay (ends 11/7):

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mitchell-35mm-Film-Animation-Effects-Camera-PACKAGE_W0QQitemZ7558278905QQcategoryZ4691QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem