Search form

Flash animation from India.

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Flash animation from India.

Hello friends. Here are some examples of our flash animation. http://www.prestostudio.com/presto_flash_demo.htm Please comment.

presto's picture
Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional. www.prestostudio.com debjit at prestostudio dot com

Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.
www.prestostudio.com
debjit at prestostudio dot com

hey, that stuff's pretty spiffy. =)

Website http://dapper-dandy.com

Cartoon Syndicate project
http://cartoon-syndicate.com

presto ! nice work , love the pop up , its quiet good. fresh i mush say, thoug you should at times keep it faster .. like build a temop as props or bg pops up or it it may loose the magic . good more , definitely would like to see more

Thanks guys.

www.prestostudio.com

Nice work, simple and to the point. You need to look at some of Pascal's work. Do a search in the "Show And Tell" forum.

Thanks Wontobe! had a look at many of Pascal's work. Obviously brilliant and inspiring.

www.prestostudio.com

nice work man !!!!!
hey presto just curious if u r from india??........if u r then u can help me i'm an aspiring animator (in the process of self teaching )plz guide how should i go abt it DO I HAVE A SCOOPE !!

mandeep :confused:

Hi Mandeep
Yes I am from Kolkata(Calcutta)/India. chk our website at www.prestostudio.com. India is now among animating nations. I hope it will offer :D gr8 future for animators.

www.prestostudio.com

gr8 just checked ur website........ really nice loved the 3d animation.
can u guide me i'm in a fixi'm 21 yrs old with no art background i'm learning maya 6. on my own and have done max5 and flash ................. Do people like me(i mean with no art background and self tought) have any scope in india where should i go wat else do u think i should do?? plz help me

Hello Mandeep
You have good news. 60% of our 3D animators are self taught and has no art background. Among 2D animators about 40% are self taught.
Though for 3D modelling job art background really helps. I can tell you that art background is not a necessity, but surely helps.
Wish you success.

www.prestostudio.com

hey presto thnks a zillion, u don't know in how many ways u have helped me i was learning this stuff for about 3 months all the people told me its worth nothing but i belived and ur reply has filled me up with new entho to go on and made me believe that i can be a animator thanks again.

cheers
mandeep :D :D

You are welcome Mandeep. I would like to mention another point here. Make specialization in 3D animation. As 3D animation is pure team work and you need to do only a set of work in a production studio and not everything, you have the option of selecting a particular specialization. In India we have a shortage of every type of specialized 3D artist. However the most acute shortage is possibly among rigging artists. Ragging requires less of art knowledge. Just a tip. ;)

www.prestostudio.com

:D thanks alot presto really appreciate ur guidance......... sure do will keep that in mind. Right now i just finished maya 6 (beginers level) searching for good books for intermidiate level, within 6 months will go for THE HUNT wish me luck for that :)
thanks again presto
cheers
mandeep

i run a studio too and ive seen some people who are self taught and most of them need 3-6 months of intensive training before they can be put on a production unsupervised daily.
there is a huge shortage of quality talent. proper pukka 3d studios will not hire people who are self taught simply because they will never be good enough. if you look at some of the peopel who worked on shows like Jakers at Crest most of them have an extensive 2d background, worked at crest for a while and were then specifically trained in 3d. the quality of their work is astounding especially considering Jakers is an international series.
now look at some of the stuff coming out of South India where everyone has the knowledge of software but zero knowledge of art, physics or cinema. some of the things ive seen are horrifying by their primitivity.

im not trying to discourage anyone here. all i am saying is you need formal understanding of software and atleast some animation understanding (principles of animation atleast)

an artist from a leading flash studio in Bombay is presently designing my home production and some of the things he is showing us are simply going to propel my production level higher. they had to practically invent and learn how to use Flash for a year or so and now they are working with Disney and Warner and have finished 30+ episodes of it.

so you guys can forget about getting anywhere without knowledege, practice and practice.