Search form

new designer to the forum

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
new designer to the forum

hey guys! It's my first time posting my work. I just got my site/blog up. It's nothing special but at least it's a place to display my art. I would love to hear critiques....the positive and the negative as well. I hope everyone likes!

http://www.mojodesign.blog.com/

-mojo

...oh and yes, I am looking for work :D hehe, isn't everyone?

Really great work Mojo. I really like your character designs and that fountain thing is really cool. You also have a really nice pen and ink sketch style. I would take out that charcoal portrait of that woman. It just kills all the good work on the rest of your site.

Mahalo,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

I like your stuff!
Are you doing the new design for Walter? I was an animator on the pilot.

Thanks guys :)

I've been wondering about that charcoal piece...way too old of a drawing to have on there anyway (I did it back in college about 3 years ago)...I think I WILL take it off. Sometimes you need a fresh eye to look at your work.

And yes, rylleman, I am doing some Walter designs...secondary characters and a couple of environments. You recognized him in the lab painting :) Will you be animating when/if there's a feature?...small world, huh?

-mojo

And yes, rylleman, I am doing some Walter designs...secondary characters and a couple of environments. You recognized him in the lab painting :) Will you be animating when/if there's a feature?...small world, huh?

It is indeed a small world.
I won't be animating on the feature. It's very difficult, not to mention expensive, to get enough qualified animators for a feature film here in Sweden, so they're outsourcing the animation to some asian country.

-david

Whoah! That is some really awesome work! I'd love to see what you do with an animation. Your characters just cry out to be moving.

Really beautiful stuff.

Producing solidily ok animation since 2001.
www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!
www.galaxy12.com/latenight

that's too bad, rylleman...outsourcing sucks...

...wait a minute, if it wasn't for outsourcing I would have never gotton the chance to contribute to that project :D I guess outsourcing is good when the outsourcing comes our way, huh? Anyway, keep your eye out for more Walter stuff as the ball gets rolling.

Oh and kdiddy13,

Thanks for the words of encouragement...I would ALSO like to see my drawings move. I haven't animated since I got out of college because I've been so busy designing (actually, there's no excuse, right?). Because of all that drawing and designing though I've improved temendously (something I really struggled with when I was FIRST first starting) and so I know that if I actually sat down to animate now, I would come out with something a lot better than what I had done 3 years ago in school. Maybe sometime soon I'll get off my ass and do some actual animation.

Thanks again everyone.

-mojo

that's too bad, rylleman...outsourcing sucks...

...wait a minute, if it wasn't for outsourcing I would have never gotton the chance to contribute to that project :D I guess outsourcing is good when the outsourcing comes our way, huh? Anyway, keep your eye out for more Walter stuff as the ball gets rolling.

Well, I don't have the time for a feature anyway... (I'm much to busy finding work)
I get continously updates on Walter, I still do some work with them from time to time. I'm sure it's going to be an awesome film, they got both a solid good script and great design.

Thanks David. I hope to update my site with more Walter stuff when I'm all done. I hope you're able to do more work for Blandteknik too. It's a fun project with a unique look.

-mojo