Search form

Designing 2D Smoke Tutorial is up!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Designing 2D Smoke Tutorial is up!

I added a new tutorial on how to design smoke for animation. There are a couple of tips you can do in flash that I have included, but everything else in the tutorial applies to smoke design, whether your using a digital program or just pencil paper.

Let me know what you guys think!

http://clubhouse.cartoonsolutions.com/smoke.html

bluehickey's picture
Flash Character Packs, Video Tutorials and more: www.CartoonSolutions.com

Thank you, sir. I never considered it from a primitives (I mean that in the sense of building-block shapes) standpoint before. Makes me feel empowered, and I love control =)

Good stuff!
I need to be reminded to think of smoke with a structure.

Well done Blue.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

thanks guys. It's fun and challenging to create these tutorials. To put into words something that you've never really explained before, but have just done, is a very interesting process!

I plan on putting up more.

Your instruction can be applyed to any non ridged object. I have been looking for information on this subject. Thanks.

Thanks so much. This is just something I never thought of before. I tend to just sketch it out and then clean it up. Using forms to navigate unformed substances is like duh!!! Thanks Blue.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to us." ---Gandalf