Search form

Mug Hug

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mug Hug

For a while I was on this kick of sticking arms and legs on mundane objects and having them brood about their purpose in life. This cartoon sort of came out of that. Comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Mug Hug

so good

Awesome. It was great to see that level of animation in a flash cartoon. A lot of times you'll see cut out animation on top of one stationary face, but your characters actually changed gesture and position during the conversations. Very well done.

Just wondering, did you draw directly in flash or did you scan in your artwork. Thanks.

KalEl118

LMAO... That was great! The music made it so sad. :(

Awesome little movie. :D

Thanks! I'm glad people like it.

Just wondering, did you draw directly in flash or did you scan in your artwork. Thanks.
KalEl118

Most of the animation was made in Toon Boom Studio using a drawing tablet.

What size of tablet do you use? I'm debating getting a larger tablet for use in toon boom, but I don't know if it is really worth it or not.

Lindsey Keess
Animator

I loved not only that but your other 'toons as well. Great work.

Cartoon Thunder
There's a little biker in all of us...

What size of tablet do you use? I'm debating getting a larger tablet for use in toon boom, but I don't know if it is really worth it or not.

I use a 4'' x 5'' tablet. I've never used a larger one so I don't know how they compare.

Great work man. Touching

Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.
www.prestostudio.com
debjit at prestostudio dot com

Fantastic story, and nice work. Where did you get the background music. I know that music from somewhere...maybe a 1930s or 1940s piece. Let us know please about the music.

Pat

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

The music comes from Puccini's Madama Butterfly.

that was great! i liked the whole look of of it and the character designs. very awesome. good timing on the animation and dialoge delivery. how long did it take you to complete this short?

No one has ever made me feel pathos for a coffee mug until you.
I'm concerned of the rivalry that faces mug and the doggy dish.
How will I sleep?

Seriously, great stuff.

Wow

That was so touching XD... I kind of related to that because I tend to get fairly attached to my coffee mugs. Hell even coffee in general, I even brought my own coffee maker to my school when I was doing my demo reel so that I would have a constant supply of coffee.

Anyway I liked the style, the mug reminded me of Don Hertzfeldt. Very well done.

Lindsey Keess
Animator

That was a great one ! Simple, charming and effective!!
When I think that I still have the same coffe mug from years now...I understand how strong is our relationship :p