Search form

What is going on in the world of animation?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
What is going on in the world of animation?

What's going on in the world of animation right now? I am just curious to know what are schedules like at bigger animation studios during the year. Are productions in full gear year round or does it seem like more seasonal work? I guess in an ideal world once your job on one project is finished then is it time to pick up on the next project waiting in the wings? Lots of movies and releases in all mediums for animation (tv, dvd, theaters, video games) going on this summer and throughout the year. Is that why everything seems so quiet in general, becasue everyone is working right now?

I am packing right now and finishing out the summer at my editing job before I go onto Ringling this fall for the Computer Animation program there. It will be the best four years of my life so far (hopefully)!

What are the rest of you up to or what are you working on?

hett15's picture
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to us." ---Gandalf

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to us." ---Gandalf

I am trying to decide what to do about a job. I am moving across the bay, to pacifica and I'm starting grad school in the fall at the art academy... yippee! this would be far to far to commute across the bridges at the pay rate i'm at right now... I should post in the daily sketch forum though... I'm trying to do alot of life drawing right now to brush up for when I start hard core animating again in the fall.

Don't do nothing because you can't do everything.

I work fulltime as a production manager and animator for an online entertainment company... just hit my 4 year anniversary! I'm also freelancing my arse off... creating interactive English lessons for a client. I'm also creating a two minute short for company that helps you quit smoking. If I ever find any freetime I'll start back up on some of my personal projects, scripts, and animations... that reminds me... gotta update my site and reel too. OK, I just stressed myself out even more... great :)