Search form

Putting Animation On The Net

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Putting Animation On The Net

Hi,

Well I checked FAQ and I did a search of the forum so I feel ok in asking this question. But first...

A few days ago I went to a web site that I found in a post here at AWN. It was really something, how fast the animation loaded up.

I am on a dial-up so I wont to know how can I get my work to run fast and cleanly.

If you have a Mac then iMovie will compress your files for web format. Same with Windows Movie Maker I think.
Spoooze!

I don't know how it does it, but in my experience Movie Maker is exceptionally mind-blowing at coming up with as lossless of compression as possible.

This is the best Quicktime compressor that I've tried http://www.3ivx.com/download/index.html

There are a lot of variables to web delivery and not all are compression. Many can be dependent on you ISP and their gateway connections. I can connect at a pretty reasonable speed, but if the ISP I am connecting with to the website has a bottleneck, that can really bog things down.

But optimization for the designer is the big issue. A good ISP with a powerful server is another.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

The speed of download depends on how big are your files.

If it´s flash, then it won´t be a big deal. You can reduce it´s size making great use of symbols.
There´s even a property on flash where you can test the speed of download while exporting the files. Click control + enter 2 times and then check the bandwidth profiler
As for quick time files, there must be some compressions I´m not familiarized with them now,.:(

Hope it helped
cheers

Hi Fred,

Well it is start but if I do not hear about the other mediums, I may have to do some experiments.

Wish I could help you more.
Are your files quick time videos mostly?

Fred

Yes, I export of Quicktime. I need to find a good book on the subject, I am just not sure what questions I should be asking. Chooseing my first web software, for me, is a big step. Got to watch the buget.