Search form

Jock and Dork

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jock and Dork

Ok, so my last attempt (Fire and Water) was rushed. I like the characters, but they need to be redone. I'll save that for later. But until then, here is my second submission for this contest. Jock and Dork inspire the consternation of Cheerleader and Nerd- a quick sketch, but I like it.

Joanna Davidovich's picture
[SIZE=2]Have a Cup O' Jo! - [/SIZE]www.cupojo.net
Attachment 

I like this a lot, your characters are fun to look at and the geeky girl has a GREAT, almost perfect conveyance of her timidness. I don't know what it'll do for laying them out, but it's just that the guy geek...his pose...spoon-arching back in anger....really...feels...weird...visually uncomfortable...Am I crazy?

Heh heh, yeah- Geek is pretty awful. Thats another one that'll have be redone. This idea pretty much started out as a sketch of just Dork, then I thought "Hey! With more characters, I could turn this into a submission!" but the quality and inspiration slipped away as I continued sketching. Hate it when that happens.

But thanks for the comments!

I wouldn't call it awful by any stretch...It just made me get up and try replicating the pose, or at least enacting his same sort of frustration, and I came up with something wildly different. In my opinion, though, this works with two people -and- it works with four.