Search form

Anybody heard of or use DogWaffle?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anybody heard of or use DogWaffle?

I was surfing around the net, thinking about whether I want to give Moho a try (I'll take feedback on that, too), and I found a piece of software called Project Dogwaffle. It looks to be pretty smokin', and it was designed by an animator. I've never heard of it before, and I'd love some feedback on it. Looks awesome, and it's less than $100.

Anyone?

rupertpiston's picture
Cartoon Thunder There's a little biker in all of us...

Cartoon Thunder
There's a little biker in all of us...

I've been using MoHo for a while now and I really enjoy it. It's not intended for trad 2d tho, it's more for working with bones in 2d, either vectorized or cut outs. I'm using it for cutouts right now, it's 1.000.000 times better than AfterFX for that, because of the bone systems.

The new version is very powerful, check it out.

Aaah, Moho doesn't really inspire me much. Although I've figured out how to make it make snow fall with not too many steps.

It feels like work, but when I'm drawing frames on paper, I get pretty fired up.

Cartoon Thunder

I'm a moron... I busted my brain making snow work with snowflakes I made, working the particle effects myself, and there's already a script for it...

Cartoon Thunder

I gave a general look at DogWaffle. It looks interesting, but more to draw frames directly into it.

If I were to buy a software to make traditional 2d animation with pencil drawings, I'd get ToonBoom. It's cheap and very powerful.

(I just met a guy here in Brazil who bought it. He had to pay 30 dollars for the software, 50 dollars for the ship&handling and plus 60% of taxes for importing it. In the end he paid like FIVE TIMES the price of the software...)

I use the heck out of Toon Boom. I don't see myself switching, really. Sometimes I look at other programs for solutions to bring things (like snow or faster character animation) into my Toon Boom projects. In the end, everytime I try to use the computer to speed up or shortcut my animation process, I get lazy and wind up with unsatisfactory results. It never fails.

Toon Boom goes for around $350 (US) from their website.

Cartoon Thunder