Search form

answer if you animate with pencils

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
answer if you animate with pencils

hi all,

I have just over 180 drawings done in pencil that i scann into my computer at low res for pencil testing in flash.

My main drawing will then be gone over in felt pen.scanned ,coloured in photoshop and composited in after effects.

What dpi should i set it to for colouring purposes?

I have been drawing in a 10 field area, and as im aware as long as i scann this area this will be the area that will be seen on screen?

Im not vectorizing my work and im thinking of scanning at maybe 300dpi, but im a little worried that with the file size my computer wont be able to deal with it.

Is it the correct to scan it all in a double whatever your output would be for film tv?

My main concern is scanning in a lot of work at the wrong settings to only find out im doing the wrong thing and im sure other peolple out there have gone through this same technicle headache.

Any advice on scanning dpi to output ratios for tv and film?

And how much ram,memory do i need for a 2d project, im go to make a minute long film.

If anyones donehand drawn 2d animation on thier home computer and seen it on the big screen id really like to know what settings you made to achieve this and how it looked.

cheers and beers,

http://forums.awn.com/showthread.php?t=680&highlight=output+resolution
do a search for things such as output or resolution, they are floating around here somewhere. It would also be helpful to change the title of the thread to "scanning and output resolution" or something.