Search form

No peg bars!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
No peg bars!

Hi, As the title suggests i dont own any peg bars! and i was just wondering if there were any cheap home made way i can make sure my pages are align everytime, because ive tried using paper clips and as you can imagine it doesn't work to well!

Another Thought would be to actually get peg bars and i was curious where i would be able to purchase some from because we dont have many animation shops around here, or arty ones that id imagine would have peg bars!

Any suggestions would be greatfully recieved!

thanks

Andy!

It is true that WHAT type of pegs one uses is not a big deal anymore because animation is cameraless nowadays* (* you don't have to register drawings under a camera) but there still is no better way to register your paper . A plastic acme pegbar is releatively cheap at some art stores. The acme punched paper or punch is another story (Maybe Oxberry pegs in UK...do they still make those?)

If you pin or clip down your papers, how would you know it is always pinned or clipped in the same place? If you had some 90 degree jig how could you flip while at the table?

I'm sure if you search here you find I'm a big advocate on making your own pegbar out of dowels to fit your standard inexpensive 3 hole punched paper.

If you are just starting; sure, go ahead and do a flip-book straight ahead approach. As you progress and wnat to do more ambitious things you'll see the need to use pegs.

Another good answer if you don't like pegs is to draw directly into a program like flash.....but i find that slower and cumbersome if I want to acheive a cleaner less spontaneous look.

I apologise, Stribs.

I totally misread your post thinking you didn't wnat to use pegs...but I'm sure the answer to your question is still in my response.

That was perfect graphite! I wasn't looking to use peg bars! i was as you said looking to make a home made one! Ive just tried putting to drawing pins through with blue tac underneath! Working very well!

Thanks alot for that! Another step closer to being able to animate!

Now where is that rubber!!!!