Search form

Portfolio critiques welcome and needed ...

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Portfolio critiques welcome and needed ...

I need some feedback on my portfolio website. I would like to know what I am doing right and what areas I need to improve upon.

I am seriously doubting my abilities as an animator/artist. Lack of jobs and too much competition - but I need to know what I can do to stay on top of the piles for employment that may arise someday. Anyone currently working in a studio, I highly value your honest opinions on if I am employable or not.

My Portfolio

Kinda depressed and always looking for ways to improve.

tibby101's picture
Tuam libera mentem - Free your mind

Tuam libera mentem - Free your mind

If you love animating then keep at it even if that dream job doesn't come along.

It's funny that you posted this Heather, because I've been feeling a little down myself lately. It's really easy to doubt yourself, especially when things aren't going too well, but you can never let yourself give in to those negative thoughts. Otherwise, those thoughts will start to become fact.

As far as your portfolio goes, I really like the way that you draw animals and creatures (especially Bawldy). You seem to have a real knack for it, and they appear to have a lot of personality and expression. I think creature creation is one of your strengths. I also think the layout of your site is simple and easy to navigate, but you should probably remove the counter.

If being an animator and artist is truly what you want to do, then don't give up. Just keep working on your art in between jobs. That way you're honing your skills and building up your portfolio at the same time. You may also want to try to discover your niche if you haven't done so already. Find something that you think you can do better than anyone else and focus your job search in that area. You also shouldn't worry too much about competition, or at least try to view it in a positive light. Instead of thinking that someone else's work is better than yours, try to get inspired to push the boundaries of your own work. I know it's easier said than done, but it will help to quiet those negative thoughts.

Remember, everyone has what it takes to fail - it takes much more to succeed. ;)

Sharvonique Studios
www.sharvonique.com

Animated By Sharvonique Blog
http://sharvonique.animationblogspot.com

AWN Showcase Gallery

ive always been creating ideas and ive got more than i can handle.

i say always have some really goood idea in your mind.
i consider myself a better story writer than i am an animator but i still try.

never let yourself fall because you might never get back up.

DUDE!!! I loooove 'snakefood'!!!!