Search form

pitching an animated TV series

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
pitching an animated TV series

Hi guys

I'm new to the forum and I am inquiring about pitching a short stop-motion animation as a television series. I have recently completed a 20 minute pilot for the show and I'm wondering what to do next. Could anyone please give me some advice on pitching a television series.

thanks,
mark

Hi there,

I have no experience in this type of thing...although, we did discuss this at university. It seems that you need to write a syponsis (to summaries your series, what's it about, who's it aimed at...that type of thing). You also need to decide how long each episode is going to be, so that you can keep them the same length. Write out a brief discription of about 12 different episodes, of your show.

Then you will need to get someone to agree to meet with you, so that you can present your idea.

Hope this helps a little...it's a bit rushed.

Good luck!

Amy

Thanks Amy for the response. I'm actually in University as well just outside of Toronto.

Furthermore would anyone know whether pitching to a distributer versus a television station provide any benefits, or should a television station be my first option.

Thanks,
Mark

Personally, I would try a television station...you need to know if they want to show it on one of their channels.