Search form

Pay scale in Indian Studios????

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pay scale in Indian Studios????

Dear members of Awn Forum,
A warm regard to all the members of this forum. I am the newest member in this forum. Thanx for this nice platform.

I am new to the world of animation and just a student of animation from India. I am doing a diploma course on 2D and 3D animation from a newly established animation academy of a renowned animation company in India. I am pretty much confident abt my animation and timing though weak in drawing skills.

Now my Qs are,
What is the avarage pay scale of a fresher animator in India???
Does 3D guys get paid more than 2D guys???
What are the chances of an animator who knows both 2D and 3D???
What are the chances of working outside India for an Indian animator like me??

Plz help me by answering my Qs. I am just too worried abt my new career. Thanx a lot in advance for answering my Qs.

sabusomu's picture
Plz visit and citic my work at sabusomu.spymac.com and post ur comments at http://forums.awn.com/showthread.php?p=18280#post18280

Plz visit and citic my work at
sabusomu.spymac.com

and post ur comments at
http://forums.awn.com/showthread.php?p=18280#post18280

What is the avarage pay scale of a fresher animator in India???

It varies from Rs 5000 to Rs 18,000 depending on your portfolio and talent, your negotiation skills, need of company, your knowledge about production enviornment and many more... if you can explain more i can give more clear idea...

Does 3D guys get paid more than 2D guys???

Generally 3d guys make more in India.. But If you are a well experienced 2d guy, that will pull more.... Find out which you are best at..2d or 3d.. in most studios in india that 3rd dimension adds little extra cash... but a 2d artist turned 3d artist gets more compared to a fresh 3d kid..

What are the chances of an animator who knows both 2D and 3D???

some companies give preference to those... some dont... its not what you know counts... its how you boast about your knowledge in front of the HR that matters... normally the people who interview you will have no or less or limited idea about art...

What are the chances of working outside India for an Indian animator like me??

Put some of your works in cgtalk.com and ask the openion of the guys there... they will tell you...

good luck...