Search form

Help

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Help

Hi

I'm Rami,20 years old,my problem now is that i'm living in Egypt,and there is no colleges or schools here for animation...so i entered in a design school just design...and worked in a production company in the same time to study design in my school and work in 3d animation in this company,but i need to study real animation 2d and 3d..The Animation specially 2d (DRAWING)...here we r just animating on 3d programs simple animations without experience in animation...i found books but no way to just learn like this i need teachers...right??....i tried to travel(USA,CANADA,FRANCE..etc..) but as everybody know, it's very expensive...and it's v.difficult to travel there...i have a dream to work in companies like PIXAR,DISNEY,DREAM WORKS but as u know it's just a dream... :) ...i'm drawing now as practice..but i need study ...really....what can i do??..THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY.

Hi Raminator.

Welcome to the Desktop... and thank you for your question.

I do sympathize with you. Many years ago I received a letter from someone in Nigeria to say pretty much the same thing as you have... no animation schools in their country, not even any animators to learn from. However (and this is not a plug for my book... truly) he bought 'The Animator's Workbook' and said with that he was able to build a lightbox, learn to animate and is now working professionally in the U.S. (At least he was at the time of writing.)

The secret is that when everything is against us, only those that are the most determined and committed ultimately succeed... battling against all odds. Now I'm not saying that you need to buy my book but I am saying that you have to get knowledge from somewhere outside of your location and then tenaciously apply yourself to whatever you can do. Then, with what that produces you might be able to attract interest from someone or somewhere else, that will assist you up the next rung of the ladder. Ultimately, the top rung could well be the job you want at Pixar, or wherever? However to achieve this you do have to apply yourself diligently over a long period of time I suggest... even, as I say, 'against all the logical odds'.

I ended up in animation by accident. It was only when I was 'temporarily' working in the business that I realized I loved it wholeheartedly and it was the career for me. However, if this is your burning ambition in life from the get-go, then you have to make it happen for yourself, I’m afraid. Start by learning, then by applying that knowledge as best as you can. The rest, I'm afraid to say, could well be down to that illusive element… 'Luck'! (Although, with the wonders of the Internet these days, a number of people are finding ways of earning a living simply by producing original material for the Web and then marketing it in some way... or maybe through attracting paying clients/employers because of it! Maybe you too... eventually?)

Anyway, sorry there is not easy answer. I just know that you CAN make it happen if you really want it badly enough and are prepared to just stick at it and ‘draw and learn’, ‘draw and learn’, ‘draw and learn’! (Yes, even if you want to do 3D animation too!)

’Good luck’ Raminator... and if you've any further questions related to your study of animation, just pitch them to the Desktop and I'm sure you'll get a great response from a number of people.

Best wishes,

Tony. :^{)}=-

Personal Blogsite:
http://blog.animaticus.com

"The Animaticus Foundation"
http://www.animaticus.com

Best best wishes Rami . I hav found TONS of free animation lessons on the web all over the place. This might be a good starting place for you.

I would say the most important thing is learn to draw REALLY REALLY WELL. I am sure you can find classes in Egypt in this?

That way you have the most important basic. Then learn how to apply your skills to animation via Tony's book.

Any software you may want to use can be learnt in a short time If you have the basics.