Search form

Arists Needed for MTV Rock the (Asian) Vote

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Arists Needed for MTV Rock the (Asian) Vote

We are producing a PSA spot for MTV's choose or lose (rock the vote) campaign. It was shot yesterday and features Kelly Hu, Ming-Na, Maggie Q, Russell Wong, and Tamlyn Tomida (as well as the top stunt people in the industry). The PSA is to encourage young Asian and Pacific Islander Americans to vote because statistically this demographic is the least likely to show up at the voting booth.

It's not your typical PSA - it's set in a futuristic industrial city with massive hovercrafts and while we have an FX team, we need some more help - matte painters in particular. The shot footage and sets and costumes look really wonderful, now we just need to live up to it on the post side.

It's a PSA, everything from actors to crew to sets to the 35mm film and cameras were donated - so there is no pay. The most I could offer is a copy of the finished DVD (personalized and signed by Kelly Hu if you like)... But if either the cause speaks to you, or you would simply like to see your work on MTV, or you would like to expand your FX community - please contact me.

You do not have to be Asian! You don't have to live anywhere particular - it can totally be done remotely.

If you're interested, please send me at email at: manexmachina@yahoo.com with a link to some of your work.

Thank you!

Here are the specifications and what we need:

Mostly we are in need of matte painting work of a cityscape nature - realism - but sci-fi anime inspired industrial. We do not necessariliy need the compositing done - we mostly need plates. If an artist who was creating the matte wanted to do the compositing and had those skills - then they would be welcome to do that. Some of the shots require a little 3D work - like an exploding wall. All the shots are very short - nothing over 2 or 3 seconds at most and the majority around 1 second. It doesn't matter what software or platform is used as whatever work is done, we would want targa files of the finished product. The resolution is HD 24p (eventhough it was shot in 35mm, we are posting in HD). There is enough variety that the shot can be matched to the skill set. I hope this clears things up.

I'd love to help, but I failed to unfesrtand exactly the kind of work you need. Do you mean compositing the shot footage over the backgrounds? What software do we need? What's the size of the files and the video resolution?

original post updated

Thank you for pointing out my ambiguity. I've edited the post with an additional paragraph describing in better detail the needs of the effects work.

Would you like the backgrounds to be done in "realistic" 3d? In this case I think I can help. I'll try and create some concepts and send them over to see if you like them.

PSA completed

Just as a follow up - this PSA was completed and is now airing on MTV. The website is up:

http://www.leastlikely.com

Video should be up sometime Wednesday the 15th.