Search form

Waning Wacom Tablets

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Waning Wacom Tablets

Is there any truth to suggestions I've heard that frequent use of the Wacom tablets and the (I think I'm spelling this right) Cintiq display-panel/tablets can impair pencilling skills, because you cannot directly see your mark-making?

I read that, but then I also thought about the trillions of people who say once you nail the hand-eye coordination there's no difference...

i Dom't stinK so...

Ip hasm't impAired my TyPing scillz.

It must Be thE pencil Lobbiestz spredinG ruMorz!

Splatman :D

Did you know that Wacom is owned by the Reverend Sun Myung Moon?
That seems like an odd company for the "true messiah" to own, doesn't it?
Moon also owns the insanely right-wing newspaper, the Washington Times.

On March 23, 2004 the Dirksen Senate Office Building was the scene of a coronation ceremony for Rev. Sun Myung Moon who was given a bejeweled crown by Rep. Danny K. Davis, D-Ill. Afterward, Moon told his bipartisan audience of Washington power players he would save everyone on Earth as he had saved the souls of Hitler and Stalin -- the murderous dictators had been born again through him, he said. In a vision, Moon said the reformed Hitler and Stalin vouched for him, calling him "none other than humanity's Savior, Messiah, Returning Lord and True Parent."

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/religion/cult/sun-myung-moon/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Myung_Moon

Mouhahahahahahahaha!!!!

That was freaking funny, Splatman. Damn I would love to go out for a beer with you. You sound like a riot!

Cheers

"Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard" - Paul Simon

I like the Splat reel, too....Manic without the over-the-top mania...silly with some good clever ideas....sort of unconventional style...and a lot of the designs are hilarious........Plus the gag (no pun intended) with the grandma and the football is good

Hey, thanks!

I don't mean to hijack the thread ScatteredLogical, but thanks for the positive feedback! ;)

Wade, beers anytime!

Oops, and Harvey, I did not know about the Moon/Wacom connection! I did know that Wacoms US HQ is located in fabulous Washington State, however!

I love Washington, especially around the Sound.

I wonder if Moon conducted one of his mass weddings for Wacom as he did for Washington Times employees.

Well Scattered, it beats trying to draw with a mouse.

The Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

That's for sure, Ape!

Funny, but my daughter was just drawing some shapes in FH yesterday on my older Mac (Can't find my older wacom yet!) and she did great...but I remember thinking to myself, "gadzooks, I used to have to do that!" Yikes!

Harvey, we've had a great stretch of sunny weather, and it rocks!

I do love my Wacom!

Yeah, I grew up in that area. I know: the weather is great; the landscape is great. And now ENDER is in that lovely place!

If Manhattan weren't such an exciting place to live, I'd probably move back.

Well, if using Wacoms affects penciling skills, I don't think anyone cares. Everyone seems to be getting a kick out of it though.

From a single wacom user/classical animator's point of view, I haven't found that using a Wacom reduces pencilling skills. I wouldn't necessarily say that it improves them either. What would truly affect pencilling skills, would most likely be not drawing at all with a pencil for a long stretch of time. But wacom users, are usually also avid drawers.

Adam

I think it makes a lot of sense that Reverend Moon owns Wacom, because the first time I ever tried an Intuos2 tablet I felt like I was talking to God.

I think it makes a lot of sense that Reverend Moon owns Wacom, because the first time I ever tried an Intuos2 tablet I felt like I was talking to God.

haha that's a riot....They seem like legend, especially when you don't have one....Can't find a student-appropriate deal right now

ADAM >> Thanks for your spot-on reply....It's pretty straightforward. I don't mean to sound like I lack common sense by asking a question like this, but I wondered how much of drawing ability was DIRECT mark-making that you could see under the mark-maker and feel right under your instrument.....But the best point in your entire post is that whether or not you draw or animate with a tablet, chances are you're animating outside one, and guarantees are you're drawing without one....so I stand with a question officially stupidized lol....