Search form

The Path ahead

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Path ahead

Hey there all,

I'm starting out on setting up a production house with my business partner. He has great experience in 3D animation from a couple of feature length movies recently, and I'm a writer/producer in the making.

We've got a great idea for an animated tv series with a rich storyline, and in a niche market we think. We've just finished a rough business plan. That process has brought up more questions than assurances for our future as you can imagin.

My biggest question is how does everyone get their funding? I see Applied Gravity has got big corporate backing for example. How?

Our initial plan is to generate a strong pitch to a network like the Cartoon Network or Nicelodeon, made up of a 5 min trailor, scripted episodes, and a comic series (this is how we are going to shape and develop our plot and characters).

Any feedback from you all would be much appreciated. What's your story so far?

Regards,

Simbiotic

Hey there simbiotic, I would love an update on how its going. Have you thought about contacting Applied Gravity directly or just going to visit them? Many companies will talk to you if you are just asking for advice. Where are you based?

Tal