Search form

Animation, the recent years...

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Animation, the recent years...

I would like to get everyone's opinion. What do you think are most important things that has happened to animation, in the past 4 years. I look forward to hearing your thoughts! Cheers

Danimation's picture
Cereal And Pajamas New Anthology : August 2007 http://www.comicspace.com/cerealandpajamas/

Cereal And Pajamas New Anthology : August 2007
http://www.comicspace.com/cerealandpajamas/

1.Pixar:For establishing 3D as here to stay
2.Shrek: for proving non-Disney Animation (stories) can be great
2.Treasure Planet/Atlantis: Nails in 2D coffin at Diney (even though I like both)
3.Disney Animation shutting down
4.Pixar breaking free of Disney (soon)
5.Tripletts of Bellview: glimmer of hope for 2D
6.Lion King 1 1/2: Shows Disney has resorted to producing crap in a box
7.SaveDisney.com Roy and Stanley trying to give Mike the boot
8.Lord of the Rings Trilogy: Astonishing CGI simply remarkable
9.9/11 turned the whole economy upside down
10.Me: I committed myself to working as hard as I can and to do anything possible in order to go to the Ringling School of Art and Design!:D

Anyways that's my contribution.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to us." ---Gandalf

i think when all is said and done we will look back at this time and see the demise of disney as the most important event in animation.

but maybe history will see this as the time that brad bird became america's equivalant to miyasaki who has become the greatest animation director of our time.

PIXAR demonstrating that a good story is KEY
The impending self-destruction of the Walt Disney Co.
The set back of having a best animated feature catagory Oscar

Aloha,
The Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

More and More ppls are going to school for animation for the past years which means job crisis for animators.. well.. unless you are already in the business..

lots of new and exiting work is to come soon.. yet.. LOTS OF crapy work as well.

Please join my new websites :D
www.EvanIslam.com