Search form

Orkut

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Orkut

Hey all, does anybody here used Orkut?

We could create an AWN community there, it would be nice!

Search me there by my real name, "Daniel Werneck".

Even tho not even my mom calls me like this... hehe

See you there!

uuhhh...what's Orkut? Heh

that's like a friendster type of chat room, isn't it??
I dunno.. i think it's a great idea in some ways..
especially since sometimes i'd like you, daniel, to answer some questions I have( i really like your work!!!)..
yet..
lol
and that is just me..
I'm a sucker for IM and surfing the web.. while i should be doing work.
Lol

so..
Count me out
i'll still surf awn!
P.

Hey, Pascal, drop me a line opn my e-mail anytime and I'll be glad to answer any wuestions you have!

Cyst, Orkut is kinda like Firendster, but it has billions of users. It's growing fast! You join in, put your info, pics, etc, and add your feiends to your list. You can also send messages, and participate on forums and communities, and even create your own.

Sounds dumb, but it's quite addictive!

Uhhh...what's Friendster? Heh:)

...Am I getting old/out of the loop already? I'm only freakin' 26!:D

I don't know why, but Orkut is just the same as Friendster, but Friendster didn't grow as big and fast as Orkut did.

The idea is to create a little bio page for you, and then you add your friends to your list, and browse their pages, write testimonials about them, join comunities, etc... It's great, I've found people I didn't see in 1000 years!

http://www.orkut.com/

sometimes it's offline but you can use

http://www.orcut.com/

It's just the same.

i don't really get orkut

Daniel

i don't really get orkut
the only interesting bit is that it shows us how social circles are connected.
but i found it to be a rather dull place, not much activity going on, most communities are there just so you can add them to your communities list, just to show other people what things you'r in to
whats the point of setting up an animation community in orkut when we already got it here!?

i think a forum like this one is a much better place, its a functioning and active animation community.

just my thoughts

Peter Wassink - Digital 2D Animator

I never got these bio websites...why would I want everyone on the Internet to know all about me? It's spooky, really. Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer to keep my personal info a secret/private, just in case some site I had my info stored on ever got hacked into (case in point....this one!!!!)

Well, first of all, you don't need to put all the info, just what you want people to know.

As for the use of it, besides getting in touch with people I didn't see in years, I always meet a lot of new people on the communities. Right now I'm on two communities of two local bars of my town and we're always talking about local activities, tips, hints, questions, etc.

There are plenty of animation communities in there, separeted by style, studio and all, where fans and artists from all over the world can talk about animation. Just tought it would be interesting for someone.