Search form

will someone reply to this ,, its a short, easy to load movie made by me

57 posts / 0 new
Last post
will someone reply to this ,, its a short, easy to load movie made by me

alright if your going to view this please reply your thoughts ...... please view my video........ go to www.geocities.com/gabemarchionda/thesimpsons.swf

any questions email me..... gabrielmarchionda@hotmail.com

ps: if the link doesnt work type the website adress in on ure browser

alright if your going to view this please reply your thoughts ...... please view my video........ go to www.geocities.com/gabemarchionda/thesimpsons.swf

any questions email me..... gabrielmarchionda@hotmail.com

ps: if the link doesnt work type the website adress in on ure browser

" watch my movie "

good

awesome movie

Well Gab, I didn't expect this at all. It was fun to watch. The Atari video game version of the Simpsons....

I think that young children would want to watch this obsessively to be honest with you. The fact that there's no music or fancy animation techniques is easy on a childs eyes, and adults could get a kick out of it too...I really like the idea.

With a style like the one you've used on your film, if you had a theme that "spoke" to a certain audience, you could have something very catchy. Using a very VERY simple theme like the one you've used, but have a strong message...I don't know...I could see it win some hearts.

I wonder where you want to take this. Is this a first attempt at animating, or is this something that you've been doing for a while now. Are you hoping to get some good critiques, and hear some tricks of the trade to spice up your work, or is this exactly where you want to go with this?

Let us know, and I'm sure you'll get some great tips from the guys and gals around this forum.

Adam

It was awesome.

Gab it was a noble early effort and you've shown some good handling of panning. One of the reasons you aren't getting a lot of feedback here in the "cafe" is because there is a "show and tell" forum for this sort of thing...where you'll get more critiques. And try to be strong a lot of folks around here aren't fond of Flash, so unless you are a media star chances are you will either be ignored or slammed. But the advice you get for the most part will be constructive so learn to have broad shoulders and learn from it.

But I say keep up the good work and keep learning.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

watching your movie made me sick.

Don't Know and have not opinion - Jet
I'm only watching a dream I've never awoken from -Spike

The file isn't there anymore.
Can you upload it somewhere else?

The file is still there PCDoctor, you have to cut and paste the url into the address line of your browser. Geocities doesn't allow hot linking.

If you are a child, it's impressive.

You know what Gab, sometimes people just don't have the gift of the gab. (excuse the pun).

When someone says that "Watching your film made me sick"or "Impressive for a child", they're trying to say."I can do better then you can".

The reality is, there are some amateurs on this forum, and some experts. Being experts, we can easily see the difference. In the case of your work, it is clearly the work of an amateur, but it does however take a professional to see hidden talent and imagination.

What is there in your work that shows that imagination, and something that you should never lose? You're very free with your subject, and you have big balls to show off your work and get honest critique. I think the fact that you did it the way you did to be very alluring to children, and maybe you should consider directing your works towards that age group. I know that my 2 year old daughter would much rather watch your film, then mine, simply because it deals with shapes and subject and movement that she understands. All of my fancy texturing and ambience, and fancy animation doesn't seem to impress her.

Artistically, you know as well as everyone else here (without having to blurt it out rudely), that it's amateur. You're a beginner. Your artwork is flat, and the movement isn't natural, and the shapes are all simple. There's no slow-in or out, there's no squash and stretch, there's no anticipation or follow-through...but it's there, and it's fun, and I'll never forget it because you took the time and effort to make it.

So if you're looking for some honest critique, and if you want to learn from this, which I believe is the reason why you put this up, then here are a few things to look up (either on the net, or in books), to get an idea of what you can add to your work to give it a little more life and realism.

-Squash & Stretch (Objects, depending on what they're made of, will have a natural flexibility. Take a rubber ball, and bounce it. It squashes when it hits the ground right? Well in the world of cartoons, you can take that same principle and add it to EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING. Humans, cars, trees, roads, animals, desks, phones, glasses, you name it...your imagination's the limit. Learn how to use that squash and stretch in varying degrees to produce the effect that you're looking for)

-Anticipation, Settle and Follow-Through - (People just don't start walking immediately. They might swing their arm or leg out first. They might crouch and kick off into a walk. If someone's scared, they just don't fly up in the air with a shocked look on their face...they'll recoil into a ball, and squint their eyes, and ball their fists, and then SPRING OUT in to a shocked or scared pose. That's ANTICIPATION.
Then there's what happens after the main action is ending. When you stop walking, you just don't stop dead, Unless of course, you hit a wall. You slow down, stop, and finally, your body settles into the resting, still position. If you're shocked, then you Scrunch up (Anticipation), spring in the air wide-eyed (Main Action), and come down with your knees bent to absorb the shock of coming back down, and finally, Return to your final resting pose..the SETTLE.

Finally, there's Follow-Through. That's what "follows" the action. Take a cat's talk for example. When a cat jumps in the air, his tail doesn't just stick straight out behind him like a pole sticking out of his butt, it lags behind slightly, flowing behind him gracefully in smooth arcs. If you're wearing loose flowing clothing, then when you swing your arm, the sleeve will lag behind, and finally settle down on your arm...that's FOLLOW-THROUGH. What follows the action.

-Slow-in and Slow-Out - This is how we control the speed of movement. If you take a ball and throw it straight up in the air, and catch it again, what happens to that ball while it's in the air? Well, at the time that it leaves your hand, it'll be moving its fastest. As it reaches the top, it'll slow down progressively, until finally, it stops and starts falling. When it's falling, it'll gradually get faster and faster, until it hits your hand again, and stops.
So, SLOW-IN, is something that starts slow, and gradually gets faster. SLOW-OUT, is when something gradually slows down until perhaps, it stops. This principal applies to almost everything that you animate. Unless you're a robot, then your head will slow-in when you start turning it, and slow-out when you're stopping. When you swing a bat, your swing will slow-in quickly, slam the ball, and slow out as you reach the end of the swing.

-There's also Overlapping Action - Imagine yourself, holding your arms straight out beside you, swinging your arms back and forth like a water sprinkler. You'll start by twisting your hips, then your upper body will follow, then your shoulders, then your arms, and maybe your hands will delay a little. That's OVERLAPPING ACTION. Not everything moves simultaneously unless your mechanic. You have to find the root of that movement, and see how it works its way through the rest of the body. The same works for other things. If you're driving a car, then you have to turn the steering wheel, which'll turn the wheels, which'll turn the car. Cars of course are more mechanic and simultaneous than humans, but my point is the chain of events that happen to something, and how one thing effects the next.

So my dear Gab, with this in mind when you're animating something, you'll see how the pro's approach their own work, and what to look in your own work. Watch your favorite animated show or film, and see how they use those techniques on a larger scale. It's all the same thing, just a little more complex, but the rules to animation are all the same, amateur or pro, it's all in how you use the tools that you have.

And finally, one very valuable lesson in all of this. How to critique other's work. Every artist is at their own level and learn at their own speeds. Sometimes it's age, sometimes it's how much artistic influence you have around you, sometimes people just learn things faster then others. In the end, how much you love what you're doing is what makes you keep at it, and stand out from the rest.
If you look at someone's work and say "That makes me sick", you're doing nothing but being a jerk, and doing nothing to help that person. You're trying to show off that you're brilliant, and noone will like you for it. If you say something like "That's good for a child", then you're telling the other person that they draw like a child, and you should give it up, although you're doing nothing to help that person improve.

So learn how to tell the difference between "professional critique" and "amateur critique". A professional, will only tell you what you need to hear to improve, and an amateur will make their best effort to make you feel incompetent as an artist. Those people you can just write off your contact list, and keep in contact with the big boys and girls who have the ability to be friendly with their critiques. Deal?

Keep it up my good Gab, and don't give up, your public is counting on you.

PS...How old are you Gab?

Adam

I know Gabe. He's 47 and works as a stock broker.

Seriously though, I thought of some suggestions.

Gabe,

In your next movie, try having the character's eyes looking around, and maybe have his arms moving around. That will make him look more lively.

HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! No sh-t!

Well if that's the case, then what prompted you to go the complete other direction. Actually, I'm one to speak...One of the close friends, and most talented cartooning minds that I know happens to be an accountant.

You never know where you'll find em.

Adam

Good replies Harvey and Adam. Sometimes I think there's too much competition going on here and everyone forgets there are some folks that are totally new to animation... people stopping by, that are still excited by what they've completed, and want to share.

When I came to AWN Tony and Larry shared so much. I knew nothing...and still don't know a whole bunch, but they shared tech tips, and never discouraged me.

I'd like to see more of that feeling on the new board. But I am probably being optimistic.

..............When someone says that "Watching your film made me sick"or "Impressive for a child", they're trying to say."I can do better then you can".

Adam

No, I am not saying ,"I can do better then you can". Heaven knows for the record I think many artists they are better than me. I am saying what I said, no hidden meaning. It does not negate any potential I may see but I don't have time to type out the Burne Hogarth and Preston Blair books for him/her.

They wanted comments, that was sincerely mine. No translation needed. You can make yours.

As for me saying it sucks if they're a grown-up ....well.... the sub-text to that is quit posting your first animation that you are excited about all over the place thus making it a form of spam. Yup. That was meant to discourage the postings.

"As for me saying it sucks if they're a grown-up ....well.... the sub-text to that is quit posting your first animation that you are excited about all over the place thus making it a form of spam. Yup. That was meant to discourage the postings."

By Graphiteman

So does that mean that AWN is only open to media professionals?

Is this community about discouraging new comers?

So does that mean that AWN is only open to media professionals?

No. Where did you read that?

Is this community about discouraging new comers?

No. And where did you read that? I was discouraging spam.

I don't think Gab ever meant to spam, I suggested it should be posted over in "Show and Tell" so it was posted there. I really don't think it was meant as spam. It's time some of us got off our high horses and tried to think about how the newbies feel. What's the deal...are you afraid these guys are going to take your jobs? It's not very likely so why not come down off your high horses.

Applogy Graphiteman

I just checked and Gab did post this thing all over. I only saw it here in the cafe and in Show and Tell. But when I checked the listing it is posted like six times, so that would constitute spam.

My apologies,

Pat

I just checked and Gab did post this thing all over. I only saw it here in the cafe and in Show and Tell. But when I checked the listing it is posted like six times, so that would constitute spam.

My apologies,

Pat

Not necessary. Thanks .....(but it was 9 times:mad: by my count)

Hehehe....I think I hit a sensitive note with you Graphiteman. I'm not trying to put you down in any way, I don't have anything against you...you've never given me reason to feel otherwise. I'm just commenting on what you said.

Hey, look at it this way. I could turn to a fat woman, in all sincerity, and tell her, "you're fat".

Hey, it was sincere right? I told her something that she knows, and I'm sure she probably would agree with me too.

So what's the problem? Well, had I told her that she was beautiful, she'd probably be flattered, feel better about herself, go out with a smile on her face, possibly attract a guy who likes pretty smiles, and get laid that night..hey, maybe even get married. Who knows.

Telling her she was fat (which don't get me wrong, is in all sincerity), she might go out and lose weight, but she'd probably become an anorexic in the process.

Now Graphiteman, we both know that you're heart was in the right place, and you're an honest man, which I personally respect in people. Your comment wasn't that bad, and I'm not attacking you in any way. I suppose, that reading "it's good for a child", next to "watching it made me sick", made me think that some people out there aren't very sensitive to others feelings, and are a little unaware of hidden talent.

But no qualms my Graphite, and I'm not gonig to go on about this any further. I'll only post in here to help out Gabe if he asks for the help.

Adam

So what's the problem? Well, had I told her that she was beautiful, she'd probably be flattered, feel better about herself, go out with a smile on her face, possibly attract a guy who likes pretty smiles, and get laid that night..hey, maybe even get married. Who knows.

True, but if you keep telling a kid that's being obnoxious that he's a sweetheart, chances are he'll grow up to be a total prick that beats up his beautiful overweight wife on a regular basis. ;)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy [i]-Tom Waits
[/i]

No offense taken, Adam.

Of all the solicited comments I have posted it could indeed be the most back-handed-damning-with-faint-praise I have ever done........unless it is a kid. Then....glass half-full.

Gab,
whatever stage you are at draw, draw, then draw some more.

Of course Dave, I couldn't agree more.

The only difference is that being fat is a good thing, and being obnoxious is a bad thing. I wouldn't want to encourage someone to do something that is destructive to themselves and others. Being fat doesn't hurt anyone. It's the way people treat fat people that needs to be corrected.

I don't smile and compliment my 2 year old daughter when she throws something on the ground..."Look sweetie, ART!....all over my new rug!...I love you!".
No, you're right Dave, I'd probably tell her to clean it up.

It's funny. I've witnessed many conversations on this forum ron off on tangents. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. I always enjoyed the freedom of speech. I'm just afraid poor Gabe will be forgotten if this keeps up.

So Gabe, are you still around? You've got alot of talented artists hanging around your neighboorhood right now, anything else you'd like to know?

Adam

ok wuejrkef

im 14 idiot not a 40 year old loser

im 14 idiot not a 40 year old loser

It was just a joke, 14 Idiot. Aren't you going to thank us for all the great advice?

Well Gabe, if you're 14, then that's a seriously impressive piece of work. If you can pull that off at 14, and you keep working at your talent, you'll have something serious to show off when you're 40. I still have another 12 years to wait before I can tell you where I'll be when I'm 40.

That's a little math joke for all of us artistically gifted, hence mathematically retarded.

Adam

If you couldn't tell from some of the replys to your post, you should have initially explained that you were not a seasoned animator and that this was your first(?) attempt at animation. This could have prevented the more harsh criticisms and would have encouraged more people to give you usefull advice on how to improve the animation and how to improve your animation skills. If you learn not to be offended by every criticism of other artist, and you learn something from their critiques, you will be on your way to becoming a better artist and animator.
Even though I have a good idea of what software you used to create this little "movie", I am going to ask you anyways. What software did you use and how much experience do you have using it?
________
vaporizer reviews

Some argue that we must seperate the artist from the artwork, and not allow our personal feelings for the person taint our judgement of their work.

CRITIC: I hate that ugly creation.

ARTIST: Ah! But did you know I created it with one hand tied behind my back?

CRITIC: Okay, I love it then.

Harvey...I think Gabe has take enough flack. But you always seem to come out of left field and hit the nail on the head.

Early in my college art's program, way back in the dark ages I had an instructor tell us not to sign our work if we wanted unfiltered criticism. That our work should stand on it's own.

Today I still go by that, hoping that what I do will stand up to all viewing. It's a harsh but true view of your work, but also critiques are based on the underlying motives of those giving the critique. And with Gabe only being fourteen, it's probably hard for everything that's been said to be taken impersonnally and be put into perspective.

Harvey and Phacker...well said.

Harvey...Then there's the Fine Arts crowd..:

_What's that crap?
_It's my latest piece entitled "The virgin slaughters the tyrant of Helinbrock".
_But it's nothing but a red circle!
_Yes, you see it that way because you lack VISION!.This is a BRILLIANT piece. Note the JUXTAPOSITION of the presence and the lack thereof. Notice the CHIAROSCURO!! and the CIANINI!! and the POINTILISM! and the SURREALISM!...and I'm selling it for $75,000 because it transcends the human element and simplifies the human soul into a spherical vortex of melancholy...bla bla bla..and I know that if I speak emphatically, you'll buy any crap that I'll throw your way...
_Ah...er...YES!! I see it! The red circle of pain circling the vortex of absence...absence being hell...hence "Hellinbrock"...the emptiness of Tyrany.

SOLD for $75,000...and I'll buy your book entitled "art is what you call it" too...thank you.

And Phacker...

Not only has he taken the slack like a war veteran, but he's shown more integrity for a 14 year old than anyone I've met, He's put up with alot, but at least he's getting a taste of a very passionate society of people...We're all a bunch of wining artists anyways right?

Gabe...you're growing in popularity by the looks of it. Do you have any plans for your next project?

Adam

Almost, Adam.

"What's that crap?"

"It's my latest piece entitled, The Simpsons."

"But it's some of the worst animation I've ever seen!"

"Yes, you see it that way because you don't know I'm a 14 year old."

"Ah...er...YES!! I see it! It's beautiful. And I'll buy your book, Good Animation Is Whatever."

Harvey, that's "harsh"!

I don't think Gabe understood what he was posting to on a board like AWN. I think he's probably new to the internet and boards in general...I could be wrong.

In which case don't buy the book. But why continue to slam. Don't you have a better topic to bring up?

Hey, I gave Gabe the most positive review in this entire thread.

The above illustrates a hypothetical critic who alters his judgement of a piece based on the emerging biography of the artist.

"Out of a possible score of 10, I give your animation a 1."
"But I'm just a kid."
"Okay then I give it a 9."
"I'm a very evil kid."
"Then I change your grade to a 3."
"But I'm crippled."
"Okay, then 6."
"I'm an antisemite."
"Your animation only deserves a score of 2."
"I like you, Mr. Critic."
"Back up to 5."
etc.

Hey, I gave Gabe the most positive review in this entire thread.

The above illustrates a hypothetical critic who alters his judgement of a piece based on the emerging biography of the artist.

"Out of a possible score of 10, I give your animation a 1."
"But I'm just a kid."
"Okay then I give it a 9."
"I'm a very evil kid."
"Then I change your grade to a 3."
"But I'm crippled."
"Okay, then 6."
"I'm an antisemite."
"Your animation only deserves a score of 2."
"I like you, Mr. Critic."
"Back up to 5."
etc.

Harvey, that post is hilarious. The sad part is that every person alive is a critic who alters judgement of a piece based on the biography of the artist, and it's especially evident when you look at the drastic variety in critiques from different skill levels of artists. It seems the more technically better the piece is, the more people jump on it and start picking out the tiniest of details to the point where the critique becomes useless since the critic is inserting personal opinion and bias. Whereas the less skillful the person is, the easier people are on the artist. Obvious animation flaws turn into "Wow! The style is awesome!!!" I don't even think, as has been said on this thread, that it's a matter of tact and of sparing the younger/less skillful artists feelings, but more to do with the fact that a worse piece of art makes competing artists feel better about themselves, and a good piece of art makes competing artists feel better about themselves by criticising it.

Of course, you're guilty of this too, Harvey... I saw your Garfield thread. If a 14 year old animated Garfield, I'm sure you'd give it a 10... seeing as how it's industry professionals, let's give it a 1.

I'm not saying it's wrong or right to alter a criticism based on the creator's skill level or personal history. It's just a question, really. Most of us here want to encourage people - especially noobs - to animate. That means sometimes focusing on the good aspects, cutting people some slack, encouraging, not saying anything if you have nothing good to say, etc.

Just to clarify, I never criticized or rated the Garfield movie, a movie I haven't seen. I posted the critiques of professional critics. Of course, I didn't do it in a very diplomatic way, and I usually don't try to steer focus toward how awful some animation might be. I guess I let (Garfield animator) Matt's repeated personal attacks get the better of me. Hopefully I won't do it again. :)

For more digi-minamalism, check out http://www.newgrounds.com/captain_lowrez/

Impersonating old game-style animation is a style in itself.

Mike Futcher - www.yogyog.org

thank u for all of your support and critiques one final quesiton............... can anyone recommend me a good animation program that i can download????????

Harv,
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say and I guess the reason you misundersood was due to poor wording on my part.If you replace "the more harsh criticism" with "most of the insults" in my original post, it will be closer to what I was trying to say. If you knew he was 14 before you watched the movie, you would expect to see the work of a typical 14yrold , and not a 14yr veteran of the industry, who knows absolutely nothing about animation and you wouldn't be throwing out insults like 'Watching your film made me sick' or 'I can't believe I wasted 30 seconds of my life watching this crap' and instead get replys along the line of 'here is a list of everything that is wrong, you should go back and fix it" and " If you are serious about animation, here is a list of resources to help you get started." It has nothing to do with whether or not someone likes what they see, but with how they respond to the person who posted the work.
________
Subaru FF-1 Star specifications

Hey Gabe,

Well, if you don't have Flash yet, then you might want to go with that. It's VERY widely used in the field, both for graphic designers and Classical Animators. It's used for at home personal films, but can go as far as to be used to produced Television shows. The latest version that's out, is apparently 1 version after Flash MX, but Flash MX is fine and dandy...(Maybe even better then the latest version). Apparently the latest version is geared a little more towards programmers.

Then there's Toon Boom Studio Version (?). If you go to www.toonboom.com you can download the trial version of the latest Toon Boom Studio. I warn you Gabe, the trial version is very limited. You'll get frustrated the moment you want to start getting fancy with your work, but it's worth downloading just to get an idea of how it's laid out, and how to put something together using that software.

Aside from that, there's "Plastic Animation Paper". It's the new rave on this forum. You can download the trial version again, but of course, use it as long as you want. It has beautiful drawing tools, and it's very straight-forward. An animators delight. I haven't gone far into using it, because you unfortunately can't colour with it, but it's FUN to use, trust me.

And if anyone else out there knows of any other softwares that you can download, let everyone know...I wouldn't mind checking it out myself.

Hope this helps Gabe.

Adam

Brad,

I don't disagree with anything you initially wrote. I was asking a more general question about the mechanics of criticism.

Additionally, I thought it was pretty obvious that the artist was a kid, given technique and subject matter, but if he wasn't a kid, he should nevertheless be treated with the same respect you'd give a kid.
I don't think stating the artist's age would prevent comments like "watching your movie made me sick." Someone who can make such comments to a struggling adult probably has no problem making similar comments to a teenager.

this is unreal

This message is for everyone.

Gabe - I'm new to animation as well. I've taken a course, but don't have industry experience yet. Being a newcomer and looking at your film, I have to say I would be impressed if I were you. I would want to show the world what I did. The fact that you did this on your own in your spare (and class!) time, from what I understand, is great. I think what you're doing is going in the right direction. Once you are done high school and go to college/university, you're going to have a great basis to get accepted into a school if you keep at this and keep learning and applying what you're learning.

When I finished my first animation piece, I posted it here on the show and tell. And got no response. I was so deflated. I couldn't wait to show these guys what "I" did. I was awed by who was on this forum and felt honoured that these guys would see it and be able to give me their comments on it. At school, I told all the students about this forum and the awesome animators who were on it. Still no response. I posted back to it, basically saying I couldn't understand why there was no replies. One very kind guy from the States took the time to look at it. He didn't cut it up at all. What he told me is how it looked to him and the places where he felt it could use some improvement and WHY. When I told him I didn't understand what he meant, he responded answering me. AND, I did some research on that particular word and learned a lot in the process. And I fixed up my 10 sec. animation and felt entirely better about sending it out because I "got" what he said and applied it.

the "for"s - keep giving the newbies your attention and whatever knowledge you can; you know how this industry works - it's good word of mouth that will serve you in the future.

the "against"s - relax a little and **remember** the beginning excitement. It is so huge when you create something you're proud of.

Adam Duff - I've been all over this forum reading this stuff and no posts have been more helpful than yours. While there are pro comments, no one has really taken the time you did to give the information that was needed to work on this piece. "I" felt proud reading your helpful comments and my instant thought was, I hope this guy will look at my stuff someday. No matter what, your comments have been geared towards Gabe's improvement, and you've not let others "words" taint your helpfulness. As a newbie also, you're the kind of poster that we're looking for.

Re: reviewing people's work. Yes, there's a show and tell section, but maybe what's needed is dedicated people to review the work. Maybe some of the "elders" (all respect intended realizing most are the same age as me!) can say to the moderators, "I'll look at some today." With all the bogus posting that goes on here, you can tell that people "have the time" to look at it and choose not to. You really need the fresh blood in here. There's a lot of negativity and bickering back and forth that can really show the new people that these forums aren't worth the time unless they know how to verbally spar. I try to look at and comment on as many as possible that I can. Because I know what it's like in the beginning, cause I'm there myself. When I'm a pro like the rest of you, I swear I'm going to mentor students somehow because they "need" it. You guys get feedback from your clients/bosses/co-workers. You're used to it and maybe have lost how valuable that is in making your work the success it is. Share your success...what goes around comes around.

If you read this, thanks for taking the time.

Erin ;)
------------------------
The only thing that is truly yours - that no one can take from you - is your attitude. So if you can take care of that, everything else in life becomes easier. ~unknown

Hey Erin,

It means alot to me to hear that. I'm sure that you can understand when I say that it can be a very discouraging challenge trying to get that advice that you're starving for. When you find a forum like this, you drink it in with two straws. That's why I'm a member of it. I finally have that well of talent and information all around me, and I wouldn't dare take it for granted.

Sometimes people have destructive tendencies. They haven't suffered the pains of struggle enough to recognize a great thing when they see it. A forum like this CAN die due to too much negativity. I've seen it happen countless times before. I feel it would be to everyone's benefit to be kind and understanding and helpful. That's why we're here. Most people on this forum aren't here to bicker and insult. Most people are here to make contacts, learn, share their talents and experiences. It's a place for generosity, companionship and support. A big communal, visual relationship, and how we handle this as a hole, will determine where this ends up in the future. We might not have this for long if this gets out of hand...

But Erin, There are many people out there in this forum that deserve the same recognition that you've shown me.

One such person that I'm noticing had a hard time with others due to his blunt words is Phacker. Swade and Phacker have had it out for eachother for some time now. I'm also noticing that Phacker has made a very noticeable effort to understand and be considerate with what he writes, so it's not taken in an insulting and negative way. It's nice to see.

Swade has also been a great help to many people, inside and outside of the forum. He's one of the big shots that enjoys taking the time to help out beginners, when most big shots are more concerned with mingling only with the other big shots.

The list goes on. And I know that although some people get more slack then others on this forum, everyone's heart is in the right place. We're just young and inexperienced, and sometimes take for granted that people actually listen and take to heart the things that we say to eachother.

Here's a great quote A friend told me once.

"Be kind to whom you meet on your way up the ladder, cause you're gonna meet them again on your way down".

Adam

didn't know that

And here I thought Phacker was a woman!!

Definitely, I've seen other useful posts. And I did notice there were others who wanted to help Gabe. But I'll state again, yours stood out. Not that anyone else's didn't deserve recognition, I just had to let you know where yours landed.

I've gotten so many great links and tips, and I've saved them all. I got a lot of information here, that I didn't receive in school, so do come back often.

I'm not a person who did forums prior to doing my course in animation. And when I first came onto them, I thought what a marvelous idea! And it is. What would make it truly outstanding though, is what you said in your post. And I look forward to that happening more often.

Gabe, congratuations on bringing some of that out in the people here by your post.

Erin ;)
------------------------
The only thing that is truly yours - that no one can take from you - is your attitude. So if you can take care of that, everything else in life becomes easier. ~unknown

Gabe,

I'm slow in answering cause I just saw your video. For some reason I kept getting the hosting page. Ah well, it finally connected. Wow, 14 eh? Nice try. If you haven't already, you may want to check your local library to see if they carry any animation instruction books and try out as many of the exercises as you can. You can also usually find short inexpensive instruction books by Preston Blair (usually around Cdn $12) at various art stores to learn the basics (Hey, I'm still learning the basics myself). Keep drawing, and practicing!

Cheers!

Muchas gracias mi hombre! Muchas gracias!

wut does that mean

wut does that spanish mean :confused:

short translation

Basically..."thanks bud".

Erin ;)
------------------------

"Many thanks, my man" (?)

o i understand

Pages