Search form

Howl's Moving Castle Clip!

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Howl's Moving Castle Clip!

Nausicaa.net posted a short clip of Howl's Moving Castle from Japanese TV.

In case you don't know, Howl's Moving Castle is Hayao Miyazaki's latest project.

And if you don't know who Hayao Miyazaki is, then shame on you ;)

http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/howl/relmedia.html

-Colby

Good old Hayao and his crazy flying machines! I loved those creatures with their ripped-out mouths!

Can't wait to see this one!!!

Daniel- Yeah I'm pretty excited about this as well. I hope it comes out here before the end of the year.

Have you seen the Steamboy trailer? What's up with those armored military guys that look exactly like they were from the Nausicaa comic? :confused:

-Colby

Howl's Moving Castle

Hi Colby,

From what I did see, it looks pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. I've just recently started to watch anime-style movies (sad, I know), thanks to the recommendations I've seen on this forum and from some of my classmate's. There is a world outside of Disney!

I was blown away with Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke, and I'm sure this will be no exception. He's got quite the imagination.

AnimationFreak,

Congratulations on broadening your horizons. Don't feel bad about your late start on Anime, everything comes with time. I didn't get into Miyazaki's films up until a few years ago. I think they're the best films(animated) to come along since Disney's original 5.

Make sure you check out all of his earlier films as well. My personal favorite is the Castle of Cagliostro. It's not the deepest of his works, but it is solid entertainment and has great storytelling. Cheers.
-Colby

I really like Miyazaki's films form what i've seen, but i must say if your new to anime you must see AKIRA.

That is one rockin Anime.

Have you seen the Steamboy trailer? What's up with those armored military guys that look exactly like they were from the Nausicaa comic? :confused:

I haven't seen it, but there's a good explanation for that. As far as I remember, some of Myazaki's stories are all in the same universe. Like the Middle Earth, a mythical place that the author tries to make even more believable by creating different stories that add up more detail to that place's history. Maybe this new movie is set in this universe.

Daniel- Steamboy isn't a new Miyazaki movie, it's the new movie by Otomo. He's the guy that did Akira. You can check it out here http://www.steamboy.net/downloads/trailers/ .

-Colby

Miyazaki is indeed the man.

Animationfreak, check out Metropolis, Blood, Tokyo Godfathers, Jin Roh-Wolf Brigade, Grave of the Fireflies, Serial Experiments Lain (series)... all very good anime... in my opinion!

Daniel- Steamboy isn't a new Miyazaki movie, it's the new movie by Otomo. He's the guy that did Akira. You can check it out here http://www.steamboy.net/downloads/trailers/ .

-Colby

Dumb me. In this case, it was probably just a little homage. Or just plain copy. It's the post-modern world, I tellya! ;)

Anime suggestions

Wow, thanks guys! In the last three or four weeks since I started into my anime "education" (other than the Inu Yasha, I've been watching on TV) I've had the opportunity to enjoy watching the following flicks:

Akira (Gawd, the work that must've gone into that!)
Ninja Scroll (Awesome fight scenes)
Perfect Blue (Creepy and Cool)
Blood of the Last Vampire (Cool)
Escaflowne, The Movie (totally loved it - and I'm buying it)
Princess Mononoke (Bought it)
Vampire Hunter D - Bloodlust (Bought it)
Vampire Hunter D - Special Edition
Spirited Away (will buy)
Millenium Princess (seeing it this week)
Sword of Truth (made me laugh on how fast the women fell in love)
Kill Bill (I can totally see the Anime style in that - Wicked!)

A buddy of mine told me I just have to see Witch Hunter Robin, although I haven't tracked down a copy yet - He's in the same boat.

Two words for you: COWBOY BEBOP :~)

two more words: Wolf's Rain, from the creators of Cowboy Bebop!

Two more more words: Giant Robo.

It's not perfect, and the ending is a downer, but it's pretty awesome otherwise.

-Colby

Cowboy BeeBop: Shoot, forgot to add that one to the list. Yes, that was neat.

As a positive side effect of watching all this anime, I've found that my passion for drawing seems to have increased. A friend made a comment to me in a figure drawing session the other day, that he hasn't ever seen me this confident in my drawing. As a result, everything seemed to just click and turned out better than I've done in a while. It reminds me of when I was in high school and read my brother's comics and was drawing all the time.

I will definately try to watch all the anime recommended.

Don't forget Trigun!!!!!

Don't forget the original book Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. Ahhh, it's a great read, as most books by her are.