Starts: Aug 01, 2011 - Ends: Oct 12, 2011
Submission Deadline: Aug 31, 2011
2011 4th Seoul Digital Media City Culture Open
Seoul Digital Media Content International Festival
Sep. 29th, 2011 ~ Oct. 12th, 2011 Digital Media City in Seoul, Korea
DMC International (Digital Media Content International Festival)
DMC International is an international competition to promote the innovative uses of new media technologies for the digital audiovisual content and art works. DMC International values a critical perspective on contemporary developments in media, and it focuses on the projects for future media environment, where media, art and technology intersect.
KGIT, in conjunction with Seoul City and media industries in DMC, is organizing ‘DMC International’ and hoping to establish the global community.
South Korea is among the world’s most technologically advanced countries and Seoul, the capital city, is widely known as the tech capital of the world. South Korean culture is also gaining significant popularity throughout the world. Technology and culture have become one of the major capitals of the country.
Digital Media City of Seoul
Located in a gateway to the northwestern region of Seoul, Digital Media City (DMC) is a state-of-the-art digital media and entertainment cluster, established by Seoul City Government. DMC, where KGIT(Korean German Institute of Technology) is located, is the high-tech complex, housing all of the major broadcasting companies, film industries, entertainment businesses, leading IT companies and Telco.
CALL FOR ENTRIES Submission deadline: August 31th, 2011
CATEGORY I: NEW-TV COMPETITION (4 sections)
· YOU-TV : Media Content produced with Mobile Devices, DSLRs, or other personal devices
· I-TV : Media Content produced for Smart TV and IPTV
· 3D-TV : 3D stereoscopic videos
· VFX-TV : Media content produced by the integration of live-action footage and CGI, Motion Graphics or Animation.
CATEGORY II: ART + TECH COMPETITION (2 sections)
· DIGITAL MEDIA ART : Digital media art works which utilizes a variety of advanced media technology including but not limited to interactive technology, AR, physical computing, and/or robotics.
· MEDIA FAÇADE : Single channel and interactive content in order to be performed in various media façades in DMC area.
AWARDS - THE INTERNATIONAL JURY GIVES OVER THE FOLLOWING AWARDS IN COMPETITION
· Best Award in each category accompanied with cash prize of $2,000 USD
· More awards given by the festival’s sponsoring companies.
· Submission Dates: Aug. 1st, 2011 ~ Aug. 31st, 2011
· Screening and Exhibition: Sep. 29th, 2011 ~ Oct. 12th, 2011 KGIT Center and vicinity in DMC, Seoul, Korea
· Notification of acceptance for the screening and exhibition: no later than Sep. 7th, 2011
· Awards Announcement Ceremony: Sep. 30th, 2011 5pm at KGIT Research Center 4th fl. Cinema Hall
Online and Mail Received during Aug. 1st, 2011 ~ Aug. 31st, 2011
For submission guideline and entry form, visit the official website (www.dmc-i.org)
Information: +82.10.3050.9905 or +82.10.6268.7534, firstname.lastname@example.org
1601 Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu,
KGIT Research Center #1324
Digital Media City,
Seoul, South Korea (Korean Postal Code 121-270)