Starts: Jan 31, 2006 - Ends: Jan 31, 2006
Submission Deadline: Nov 21, 2005
AtomFilms and Intel Corp. launched the Intel Indies Film Contest. Filmmakers will compete for a grand prize that includes worldwide distribution from AtomFilms, $25,000 in cash and $20,000 in digital home equipment from Intel. Two runners-up will receive $10,000 cash prizes. Winners will be announced at a major film festival in January 2006.
The contest asks entrants to create films that imagine what they would do with a magic wand. The theme allows entrants to fully unleash their imagination and tell the story of how they would transform their world, to make it better, easier and more exciting, all through the magic of movies.
Entries will be judged by AtomFilms staff, Intel staff, and film industry experts including:
* Joe Dante, director of GREMLINS, SPACE JAM and dozens of other feature films
* Christopher Coppola, producer-director of DEADFALL, GUNFIGHTER and others
* Elizabeth Stanley, producer & former assistant director of the Directors Guild of America
* Marcia Zellers, director of the American Film Institute Digital Content Lab
* Anna Marie Piersimoni, director of media and technology for the American Film Institute
Additional information about the Intel Indies Film Contest and submission instructions can be found at intel.atomfilms.com.