Starts: Oct 10, 2012 - Ends: Oct 13, 2012
Submission Deadline: Aug 03, 2012
Se-Ma-For Film Festival is organized by Se-ma-for Film Foundation operating by two-time Academy Award winning film studio. It is the only in Europe and Asia festival dedicated to puppet animation and stop motion. This year's edition will be held under the banner of animation from Eastern and Central Europe.
The festival not only gives you the opportunity to see the latest, exceptional works of animation artists from Poland and all over the world, but also the greatest classics.
It is also an opportunity to discover the beauty of the art of stop motion and participate in discussions with artists, producers, distributors, as well as representatives of international film schools and festivals.
Lodz city spirit and film tradition provides a unique atmosphere. We want the festival to be an international meeting platform for all speaking the universal language of animation.
This year's festival will include, among other things:
• International Stop Motion Animation Competition and Polish Animation Competition.
• "Animation in the neighborhood" - a project involving several countries of Eastern and Central Europe - the presentation of the most important works of the last five years.
• "Fathers of our animation" - a scientific conference, which will be attended by historians from Russia, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Slovak, Polish, Estonian and Hungarian. It will be a series of lectures illustrated with unique films from the major European archives.
• Special screenings organized on the occasion of 65th Se-ma-for anniversary; "Mornings for children" and special educational shows for high schools.
• Panels for producers, distributors, as well as promoters of the animation. Workshops and conferences with outstanding artists from Iran, Russia, USA, Romania, Belarus and Lithuania.
• Festival zone located in culture, art and creative business center - OFF Piotrkowska and related events; concerts and exhibitions, as well as a visit to the newly opened Se-ma-for Museum of Animation.
Discover the timeless beauty of stop motion animation
"They move, move like living, what a fantastic material, able to create miracles!" Ladislas Starevich - pioneer of puppet animation, which he invented in 1910 in Kaunas, during the recreation of stag beetles fight.
From October 10th to 13th Se-Ma-For Film Foundation will organize 3rd edition of Se-Ma-For Film Festival (held in Lodz, Poland) – the first stop-motion animation festival in Europe and Asia.
You are kindly invited to submit your films – every stop-motion film produced after January 1st 2010, which running time is not longer than 35 minutes can be entered.
Submission deadline is August 3rd 2012.
Submission materials include: Entry Form, copy of the film (DVD), English translation of the film, two stills and photograph of the director (author) of the film. Materials can be send by e-mail (email@example.com) or addressed to: