Starts: Mar 16, 2008 - Ends: Mar 23, 2008
Submission Deadline: Aug 10, 2007
Starting May 7, submissions for the 2008 BlueCat Screenwriting Lab, will be open. Short and feature length screenplays are welcome. All screenplays entered for consideration will be evaluated for narrative promise, emotional impact, original voice and personal spirit.
Based on these criteria, three writers will be named BlueCat Fellows and flown to Los Angeles for one week of intense development in the home of the motion picture industry, all expenses paid. In addition, each fellow will receive $1,000.
Working with professionals of the motion picture industry, the BlueCat Screenwriting Lab Week will focus on your goals of your screenplay, while helping you shape and define your identity as a screenwriter and an artist of cinema.
The BlueCat Screenwriting Lab will include:
* Rewrite mentoring with veteran screenwriters
* Feedback from credited feature film directors
* Roundtable sessions with producers
* Workshop with professional actors
* Brainstorming with Below-the-line Crew
* Pitching work with development executives
* Packaging and budgeting input tailored to your screenplay
* Staged readings with a live LA audience
For more information, visit www.bluecatscreenplay.com/screenplay_lab/call_for_entries.php.