* Monday, September 25 Tuesday, September 26, 2000. Saint-Laurent, Canada.
The National Film Board of Canada is holding an open house of their new facilities. The event gives the public a chance to meet the filmmakers and staff. The NFB will feature screenings, studio tours and receptions on Monday from 2-6 pm and on Tuesday from 10 am 5 pm. Screening facilities will be available for visitors to screen their own work as well. For more information contact the NFB at: Tel.: (514) 283-9571 or (514) 283-9332.
* Sunday, September 24, 2000. Ottawa, Canada.
Bill Plymptons newest film "Mutant Aliens" will be screened as part of the Ottawa International Animation Festival. The event will take place at 1 pm at the National Arts Centre. The film version being screened is a work-in-progress. For more information contact the festival at: Tel.: (613) 232-8769 or Web: http://www.awn.com/ottawa/ottawa00.
* Saturday, August 5 Friday, August 11, 2000. Trondheim, Norway.
The theme of the 12th SAS Conference is "Digital Challenges - Expanded Boundaries." The conference will discuss how technological changes have effected the industry in the present, past and future. Topics will include technology and budgets, classic animation in the future and motion capture.
* Friday, July 28 Saturday, August 26, 2000. Santa Monica & Pasadena, California, U.S.A. Friday, August 25 Thursday, August 31, 2000. San Diego, California, U.S.A. Friday, September 1 Saturday, December 16, 2000. West Hollywood, California, U.S.A. Friday, September 1 Saturday, November 18, 2000. La Jolla, California, U.S.A. Friday, September 1 Saturday, November 18, 2000. Riverside, California, U.S.A.
* Tuesday, September 5 Tuesday, September 26, 2000. San Francisco, California, U.S.A. Friday, September 8 Saturday, September 9, 2000. Berkeley, California, U.S.A.