* Saturday, February 10 Sunday, May 13, 2001. San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
The Exploratorium is sponsoring a major exhibition entitled "Behind
* Thursday, January 11 Friday, January 12, 2001. Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.A.
Larry Lauria will be conducting a "hands on," interactive animation fundamentals and character design workshop. The event is being held at Al Collins Graphic Design School. On Thursday, Lauria will present a talk on "Careers in Animation." The workshop will be held on Friday. For more information contact Jeff Marcus at: Tel.: (800) 876-7070.
* Friday, January 19, 2001. Denver, Colorado, U.S.A.
The newly formed ASIFA-Colorado is holding a big kick off bash. Chris Robinson, an ASIFA-International board member and the Ottawa International Animation Festival executive director, will present "The Best of Ottawa," a program of international award-winning animation. For more information contact Edward Bakst at: R.M.C.A.D., 6875 E. Evans Ave., Denver, Colorado 80224, U.S.A.; Tel.: (800) 888-ARTS or (303)-753-6046; E-mail: EBakst@RMCAD.edu; or Fax: (303) 694-2314.
* Monday, February 19 Wednesday, February 21, 2001. London, U.K.
Interactive TV & Mobile Games Conference is set up to look at the potential of games on interactive TV and digital TV. In addition, the event will address how advertisers will capitalize on this new market. For more information contact Hannah at: Tel.: ++44(0) 207 840 2700; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; or Web: www.access-conf.com/TB114.
* Thursday, February 15 Saturday, February 17, 2001. Los Angeles and Santa Monica, California, U.S.A.
* Thursday, February 8, 2001. Westwood, California, U.S.A.
The Women In Animation Writers' Group Seminar Series meets at Saban Entertainment, 10960 Wilshire Blvd., Westwood at 7:30 pm. Learn how to write and sell your animation premise to a story editor. Fee is US$5. RSVP is required to Jean Ann Wright at: Tel: (818) 360-8321 or E-mail: email@example.com.
* Friday, February 9 Sunday, February 11, 2001. Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.A.
The Phoenix Film Festival is a celebration of the movie image. The event features many screenings, seminars, tributes and answer and question discussions. For more information contact the festival at: 200 W. Washington St., 10th Floor, Phoenix, Arizona 85003, U.S.A.; Tel.: (602) 495-0992 or (877) 358-1574; Fax: (800) 293-7936; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; or Web: http://www.phoenixfilmfestival.com/.