* Side Effects' SIGGRAPH 2001 Houdini Training Seminar: Sunday, August 12, 2001, Los Angeles, California USA.
* ASIFA-Hollywood Presents: Cal'Arts 2001 Character Animation Show: Wednesday, August 29, 2001, Burbank, California USA.
ASIFA-Hollywood is presenting "It Came From The Cubes!," CalArts 2001 Character Animation Producers show. The show will begin at 7:30 pm. The entry fee will be US$2 for members and $5 for non-members. Seating is limited. For more information, contact: ASIFA-Hollywood, 721 S. Victory Blvd., Burbank, CA 91502, USA; Tel: (818) 842-8330; Web: www.asifa-hollywood.org.
* Animation Workout With Guest Director Ginny McSwain: Tuesday, September 11, 2001, Burbank, California USA.
* RMCAD And ASIFA-Colorado Present Computer Animation Artist Barbara Mones-Hattal: Thursday, September 13, 2001, Denver, Colorado USA.
RMCAD and ASIFA-Colorado welcome Barbara Mones-Hattal, renowned computer animation artist. Barbara is also a faculty member at the University of Washington. For more information, contact: ASIFA-Colorado @ RMCAD, 6875 E. Evans Ave., Denver, CO 80224, USA; Tel: (800) 888-ARTS; Fax: (303)759-4970; Email: EBakst@RMCAD.edu.
* Giant Screen Theater Association 2001 Conference & Trade Show: Thursday, September 20 - Tuesday, September 25, 2001, Chicago, Illinois USA.
Entry Deadline: Sunday, July 01, 2001
* Alias|Wavefront Siggraph User Group Meeting at SIGGRAPH 2001: Sunday, August 12 - Wednesday, August 15, 2001, Los Angeles, California USA.
Entry Deadline: Wednesday, August 01, 2001
* Vancouver Film School Presentation at Siggraph: Thursday, August 16, 2001, Los Angeles, California USA.
* Animation Workout With Guest Director Larry Hummel, ICM: Tuesday, August 21, 2001, Burbank, California USA.
* ASIFA-Hollywood Presents: Book Signing With Leslie Iwerks, Co-Author Of "The Hand Behind The Mouse.": Wednesday, August 22, 2001, Burbank, California USA.
* Ed Hooks Acting Class for Animators: Saturday, August 04 - Wednesday, August 15, 2001, Stanford, California USA.
* Bill Plympton's Mutant Aliens West Coast Premiere: Wednesday, August 08, 2001, Los Angeles, California USA.
* Animation Workout with Guest Director Marc Cashman, of Cashman Commercials: Tuesday, July 31, 2001, Burbank, California USA.
Entry Deadline: Wednesday, July 11, 2001
* Puppet Short Film and Video Festival: Sunday, July 22, 2001, Silverlake (Los Angeles), California USA.
The Los Angeles Guild of Puppetry is holding its first Puppet Short Film and Video Festival. See some of your favorites, some oldies, some you've never heard of and have some lovely Japanese food too! Admission is free. The event will run from 7:00 pm to approximately 9:30 pm. Material is not suitable for children. If you are interested in submitting a short for next year, please contact the organizers.
* Cartoombria 7th International Animation Exhibition: Wednesday, November 21 - Saturday, November 24, 2001, Perugia, Italy.
Cartoombria showcases animation from around the world, with a focus on digital and multimedia animation. The festival also holds special events highlighting international schools and training programs on computer animation, new media and Web animation.
Digital television service provider DIRECTV, Inc. and Film Romans multi-channel animation network LEVEL13.NET announced today their first annual animated film festival. The DIRECTV-LEVEL13.NET film festival will serve as a platform for working artists, undiscovered animators and student filmmakers, showcasing the best in independently produced animation from around the world. Festival winners will have their submissions showcased on DIRECTV as part of a DIRECTV FREEVIEW event series scheduled to air in December 2001.
* Tuesday, June 26, 2001, Sherman Oaks, California, U.S.A.
Women In Animation Los Angeles celebrates the career of Star Wirth with a dinner Salon at the Valley Inn in Sherman Oaks on June 26 at 7 pm. Star was head of the Xerox department at Hanna-Barbera for 33 years; she also worked at Warner Bros. The dinner costs $25 per person. For more information: Web: www.women.in.animation.org/LA.
* Wednesday, June 13 Wednesday, July 11, 2001, New York, New York, U.S.A.
New Yorks School Of Visual Arts presents Places With Traces, an exhibition of artwork by Markus Esser, Laura Griffin, Noah Kalina, Elsuko Kamazu and Sam Tufnell, at Eastside Gallery, 214 East 21 Street in New York. For more information: Web: schoolofvisualarts.edu.