* Reg Hartt Presents: The Sex And Violence Cartoon Festival: Monday, September 10, 2001, Toronto, Ontario Canada.
* New York Animation Festival: Friday, September 14 - Thursday, September 20, 2001, New York City, New York USA.
* 18th EuropaCinema & TV - Viareggio Film Festival: Tuesday, November 27 - Sunday, December 02, 2001, Viareggio, Tuscany Italy.
Entry Deadline: Sunday, September 30, 2001
* Advertising Effectiveness: Thursday, December 13 - Friday, December 14, 2001, Toronto, Ontario Canada.
* Don Bluth's ToonUp Animation Seminar: Saturday, October 27 - Sunday, October 28, 2001, San Francisco, California USA.Entry Deadline: Saturday, October 27, 2001
* Kids & Teens Interactive: Monday, October 29 - Tuesday, October 30, 2001, Los Angeles, California USA.
* Toonz! The Developing World of 2D & 3D Animation: Monday, November 19 - Tuesday, November 20, 2001, Barcelona, Spain.
Entry Deadline: Sunday, November 18, 2001
* Telluride IndieFest: Thursday, December 06 - Sunday, December 09, 2001, Telluride, Colorado USA.
Entry Deadline: Saturday, September 01, 2001
* Women In Animation's Writers' Seminar Series: Thursday, October 11, 2001, Los Angeles, California USA.
* Festival du Cinéma International en Abitibi-Témiscamingue: Saturday, October 27 - Thursday, November 01, 2001, Rouyn-Noranda, Québec Canada.Entry Deadline: Saturday, September 01, 2001
The Festival du cinéma international en Abitibi-Témiscamingue is an international event presenting world's and north American's premieres. The six-day event features over 80 films from about 20 countries - shorts, features and animation films. There is no entry fee. Submitted films must be produced in 16 or 35 mm format.
* Animation Workout With Guest Director Julie Prendiville-Roux: Tuesday, October 02, 2001, Burbank, California USA.
* Animation Workout With Guest Director Cynthia McLean: Tuesday, October 16, 2001, Burbank, California USA.
* Television Business School: Wednesday, October 24 - Sunday, October 28, 2001, Lübeck, Germany.Entry Deadline: Monday, September 24, 2001
* Maximum Pictures: The Visionary Cinema of Ridley Scott: Friday, September 14 - Sunday, September 23, 2001, Los Angeles, California USA.
All films will be showing at the Egyptian Theater, 6712 Hollywood Blvd. in Los Angeles. Tickets are: $8 General; $7 Student/Senior; and $6 Members.
- Friday, September 14 at 7:30 pm: ALIEN, 1979. Discussion following with director Ridley Scott. Special ticket price: $10 General; $9 Student/Senior; and $8 Members.
- Saturday, September 15 at 7:30 pm: GLADIATOR, 2000.
* Television Business School: Wednesday, October 24 - Sunday, October 28, 2001, Lübeck, Germany.
Entry Deadline: Monday, September 24, 2001
* Daniel Langlois Foundation's Grants for Researchers in Residence: Thursday, January 31 - Tuesday, December 31, 2002, Montreal, Quebec Canada.
Entry Deadline: Friday, August 31, 2001
* 2nd Annual Festival of Fantasy, Horror and Science Fiction: Friday, August 03 - Sunday, August 26, 2001, Los Angeles, California USA.
* Short Attention Span Film & Video Festival: Friday, August 03 - Thursday, October 18, 2001, North American Tour, USA.
The 2001 SHORT ATTENTION SPAN Film and Video Festival will be a touring event bringing two hours of two minute movies from around the world. It will showcase the best of short animation, comedy, sci-fi, documentary, poetry and more. Festival locations and dates are: