* 18th EuropaCinema & TV - Viareggio Film Festival: Tuesday, November 27 - Sunday, December 02, 2001, Viareggio, Tuscany Italy.
Entry Deadline: Sunday, September 30, 2001
* Advertising Effectiveness: Thursday, December 13 - Friday, December 14, 2001, Toronto, Ontario Canada.
* Don Bluth's ToonUp Animation Seminar: Saturday, October 27 - Sunday, October 28, 2001, San Francisco, California USA.Entry Deadline: Saturday, October 27, 2001
* Kids & Teens Interactive: Monday, October 29 - Tuesday, October 30, 2001, Los Angeles, California USA.
* Women In Animation's Writers' Seminar Series: Thursday, October 11, 2001, Los Angeles, California USA.
* Festival du Cinéma International en Abitibi-Témiscamingue: Saturday, October 27 - Thursday, November 01, 2001, Rouyn-Noranda, Québec Canada.Entry Deadline: Saturday, September 01, 2001
The Festival du cinéma international en Abitibi-Témiscamingue is an international event presenting world's and north American's premieres. The six-day event features over 80 films from about 20 countries - shorts, features and animation films. There is no entry fee. Submitted films must be produced in 16 or 35 mm format.
* Animation Workout With Guest Director Julie Prendiville-Roux: Tuesday, October 02, 2001, Burbank, California USA.
* Animation Workout With Guest Director Cynthia McLean: Tuesday, October 16, 2001, Burbank, California USA.
* Television Business School: Wednesday, October 24 - Sunday, October 28, 2001, Lübeck, Germany.Entry Deadline: Monday, September 24, 2001
* 2nd Annual Festival of Fantasy, Horror and Science Fiction: Friday, August 03 - Sunday, August 26, 2001, Los Angeles, California USA.
* Maximum Pictures: The Visionary Cinema of Ridley Scott: Friday, September 14 - Sunday, September 23, 2001, Los Angeles, California USA.
All films will be showing at the Egyptian Theater, 6712 Hollywood Blvd. in Los Angeles. Tickets are: $8 General; $7 Student/Senior; and $6 Members.
- Friday, September 14 at 7:30 pm: ALIEN, 1979. Discussion following with director Ridley Scott. Special ticket price: $10 General; $9 Student/Senior; and $8 Members.
- Saturday, September 15 at 7:30 pm: GLADIATOR, 2000.
* Television Business School: Wednesday, October 24 - Sunday, October 28, 2001, Lübeck, Germany.
Entry Deadline: Monday, September 24, 2001
* Daniel Langlois Foundation's Grants for Researchers in Residence: Thursday, January 31 - Tuesday, December 31, 2002, Montreal, Quebec Canada.
Entry Deadline: Friday, August 31, 2001
* Side Effects' SIGGRAPH 2001 Houdini Training Seminar: Sunday, August 12, 2001, Los Angeles, California USA.
* Short Attention Span Film & Video Festival: Friday, August 03 - Thursday, October 18, 2001, North American Tour, USA.
The 2001 SHORT ATTENTION SPAN Film and Video Festival will be a touring event bringing two hours of two minute movies from around the world. It will showcase the best of short animation, comedy, sci-fi, documentary, poetry and more. Festival locations and dates are:
* ASIFA-Hollywood Presents: Cal'Arts 2001 Character Animation Show: Wednesday, August 29, 2001, Burbank, California USA.
ASIFA-Hollywood is presenting "It Came From The Cubes!," CalArts 2001 Character Animation Producers show. The show will begin at 7:30 pm. The entry fee will be US$2 for members and $5 for non-members. Seating is limited. For more information, contact: ASIFA-Hollywood, 721 S. Victory Blvd., Burbank, CA 91502, USA; Tel: (818) 842-8330; Web: www.asifa-hollywood.org.
* Animation Workout With Guest Director Ginny McSwain: Tuesday, September 11, 2001, Burbank, California USA.
* RMCAD And ASIFA-Colorado Present Computer Animation Artist Barbara Mones-Hattal: Thursday, September 13, 2001, Denver, Colorado USA.
RMCAD and ASIFA-Colorado welcome Barbara Mones-Hattal, renowned computer animation artist. Barbara is also a faculty member at the University of Washington. For more information, contact: ASIFA-Colorado @ RMCAD, 6875 E. Evans Ave., Denver, CO 80224, USA; Tel: (800) 888-ARTS; Fax: (303)759-4970; Email: EBakst@RMCAD.edu.