The 45th San Francisco International Film Festival has put out a call for entries for its 2002 festival to run April 18 - May 2. Submissions are open to narrative features, documentaries, shorts, animation, experimental and television productions on film, video and digital media. The entry deadline is November 30, 2001.
Category: Call for Entries
LEVEL13.NET and DIRECTV are inviting all aspiring animators to participate in their first co-sponsored Animated Film Festival. The deadline for submissions is September 28. Winners in three categories will be selected by a panel of judges in the field of entertainment, animation and broadcasting and will be announced in December. The winners will receive a US$2,500 cash prize. The three categories are 2D animation, 3D animation and experimental animation.
* Clermont-Ferrand Short Film Festival: Friday, February 01 - Saturday, February 09, 2002, Clermont-Ferrand, France.
Entry Deadline: Friday, October 19, 2001
* Thursday, September 20 - Sunday, September 23, 2001. Woodstock, New York, U.S.A.
Entry Deadline: July 1, 2001.
* Friday, November 9 Sunday, November 18, 2001, Derry, Northern Ireland, U.K.
Entry Deadline: September 1, 2001
* Saturday, December 1, 2001 Saturday, August 31, 2002, Valence, France
Submission Deadline: October 15, 2001
* Saturday, November 10, 2001, Glendale, California, U.S.A.
Entry Deadline: August 3, 2001
Every year, ASIFA-Hollywood, the Los Angeles area-based branch of the International Animated Film Society, honors the best in film, television and Internet animation with their Annie Awards. The award ceremony will take place at the famed Alex Theater in Glendale, California. For more information contact: ASIFA-Hollywood: Tel.: (818) 842-8330; E-mail: email@example.com; or Web: www.asifa-hollywood.org.
* Thursday, August 2 Monday, August 6, 2001, Hollywood, California, U.S.A.
Extended Entry Deadline: May 30, 2001
* Wednesday, August 1 Wednesday, August 8, 2001, 2001, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
Entry Deadline: June 1, 2001
* Thursday, September 27 Sunday, September 30, 2001, San Diego, California, U.S.A.
Entry Deadline: July 15, 2001
* Monday, October 22 Wednesday, October 24, 2001. Montreal, Canada.
Submission Deadline: August 15, 2001
* Tuesday, August 7 Sunday, August 12, 2001, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
Entry Deadline: June 11, 2001
Portland, Oregons Vinton Studios announced The Tiki Challenge, an unusual contest aimed at advertising agency employees only. The winner will be awarded a certificate worth $50,000 off the cost of a computer-generated commercial production at Vinton Studios, or an all-expenses-paid weekend for two in Las Vegas. Runners-up will receive invitations for an all-expenses-paid trip to the studios renowned Animation Camp in Portland, or other prizes including a MP3 player, a digital camera and a Palm Pilot.
* Friday, September 14 - Thursday, September 20, 2001. Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.A.
Entry Deadline: June 1, 2001.
* Thursday, September 27 - Tuesday, October 2, 2001. Lake Tahoe, California, U.S.A.
Entry Deadline: June 29, 2001