Category: Call for Entries
* Friday, October 04 - Wednesday, October 09, 2002. Szolnok, Hungary.
Entry Deadline: Friday, March 01, 2002
* Tuesday, October 23 - Thursday, October 25, 2001. Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Entry Deadline: Friday, September 14, 2001
* Tuesday, November 27 - Sunday, December 2, 2001, Viareggio, Tuscany Italy.
Entry Deadline: Sunday, September 30, 2001
* Tuesday, February 12 - Thursday, February 14, 2002, Monte-Carlo, Monaco.
Entry Deadline: Saturday, December 1, 2001
Cartoon Network U.K. Online is urging people to send their work to their Animation Awards before the closing date of August 31, 2001. The U.K. toon channel is offering £10,000 (US$15,000) in prize money with the winning films to air on both TV and the Web. First prize is £5,000 ($7,500), second prize is £3000 ($4,500) and third prize is £2000 ($3,000). The competition is open to all U.K. animators using Flash and entries will be judged by industry professionals. The winning entries will also be shown on both CartoonNetwork.co.uk and CartoonNetwork.com.
The 45th San Francisco International Film Festival has put out a call for entries for its 2002 festival to run April 18 - May 2. Submissions are open to narrative features, documentaries, shorts, animation, experimental and television productions on film, video and digital media. The entry deadline is November 30, 2001.
LEVEL13.NET and DIRECTV are inviting all aspiring animators to participate in their first co-sponsored Animated Film Festival. The deadline for submissions is September 28. Winners in three categories will be selected by a panel of judges in the field of entertainment, animation and broadcasting and will be announced in December. The winners will receive a US$2,500 cash prize. The three categories are 2D animation, 3D animation and experimental animation.
* Clermont-Ferrand Short Film Festival: Friday, February 01 - Saturday, February 09, 2002, Clermont-Ferrand, France.
Entry Deadline: Friday, October 19, 2001
* Thursday, September 20 - Sunday, September 23, 2001. Woodstock, New York, U.S.A.
Entry Deadline: July 1, 2001.
* Friday, November 9 Sunday, November 18, 2001, Derry, Northern Ireland, U.K.
Entry Deadline: September 1, 2001
* Saturday, December 1, 2001 Saturday, August 31, 2002, Valence, France
Submission Deadline: October 15, 2001
* Saturday, November 10, 2001, Glendale, California, U.S.A.
Entry Deadline: August 3, 2001
Every year, ASIFA-Hollywood, the Los Angeles area-based branch of the International Animated Film Society, honors the best in film, television and Internet animation with their Annie Awards. The award ceremony will take place at the famed Alex Theater in Glendale, California. For more information contact: ASIFA-Hollywood: Tel.: (818) 842-8330; E-mail: email@example.com; or Web: www.asifa-hollywood.org.
* Thursday, August 2 Monday, August 6, 2001, Hollywood, California, U.S.A.
Extended Entry Deadline: May 30, 2001
* Wednesday, August 1 Wednesday, August 8, 2001, 2001, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
Entry Deadline: June 1, 2001
* Thursday, September 27 Sunday, September 30, 2001, San Diego, California, U.S.A.
Entry Deadline: July 15, 2001
* Monday, October 22 Wednesday, October 24, 2001. Montreal, Canada.
Submission Deadline: August 15, 2001
* Tuesday, August 7 Sunday, August 12, 2001, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
Entry Deadline: June 11, 2001