Animac 2002, Lleida, Catalonia, Spain. Thursday, February 14 - Sunday, February 17, 2002. Entry Deadline: Monday, December 31, 2001.Animac 2002 is a non-competitive animation festival that is a platform for screening the best animation from around the world. Animac has extended their deadline for submissions until December 31, 2001 in order to allow a larger participation. For more information contact Alfred Sesma & Margot Besora: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Website: http://www.paeria.es/cultura/animac
Category: Call for Entries
* A+A (Architecture And Animation). Barcelona, Spain. Thursday, June 20 - Saturday, June 22, 2002.
Entry Deadline: Thursday, January 31, 2002.
* Wednesday, February 6 Sunday, February 17, 2002. Brussels, Belgium.
Entry Deadline: October 31, 2001.
The Brussels Festival showcases feature films, short films, retrospectives, exhibitions, "making of" sessions with several guests and special events like the Cartoon d'Or and La Nuit anime. Preview VHS tapes can be entered and sent (with no entry fee) to the Festival until October 31, 2001. A downloadable entry form is available at: http://www.awn.com/folioscope/FDA2002/Proindexgb.html
* Friday, March 1 - Sunday, March 10, 2002. Durango, Colorado, USA.
Entry Deadline: Saturday, December 1, 2001.
* Thursday, February 14 - Sunday, February 17, 2002 in Lleida, Spain.
Entry Deadline: Wednesday, October 31, 2001
* Wednesday, June 05 - Sunday, June 09, 2002, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Entry Deadline: Friday, February 01, 2002
* Friday, January 25 - Sunday, January 27, 2002 in Boulder, Colorado.
Entry Deadline: Monday, October 15, 2001
The Europe-Japan Media Exchange (MEX2001) has announced the BANJA-IN-THE-WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and is accepting submissions for animated shorts (no longer than 5 minutes) featuring characters from BANJA, the free Internet-based game. Submitted works will be posted on the MEX2001 Website, and the champion and second place finalist will win the opportunity to attend the celebration ceremony to be held in Shibuya, Japan on November 23, 2001. The application deadline is October 15, 2001. For more details, visit www.mex2001.com
* Future Animators Of The Future 2nd Annual Animation And Video Festival
Friday, November 2 - Friday, November 16, 2001. Boston, San Francisco and New York, USA.
Entry Deadline: Sunday, September 30, 2001.
Friday, April 5 - Tuesday, April 9, 2002. San Francisco, California, USA. * Entry Deadline: Friday, January 18, 2002
* Friday, October 04 - Wednesday, October 09, 2002. Szolnok, Hungary.
Entry Deadline: Friday, March 01, 2002
* Tuesday, October 23 - Thursday, October 25, 2001. Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Entry Deadline: Friday, September 14, 2001
* Tuesday, November 27 - Sunday, December 2, 2001, Viareggio, Tuscany Italy.
Entry Deadline: Sunday, September 30, 2001
* Tuesday, February 12 - Thursday, February 14, 2002, Monte-Carlo, Monaco.
Entry Deadline: Saturday, December 1, 2001
Cartoon Network U.K. Online is urging people to send their work to their Animation Awards before the closing date of August 31, 2001. The U.K. toon channel is offering £10,000 (US$15,000) in prize money with the winning films to air on both TV and the Web. First prize is £5,000 ($7,500), second prize is £3000 ($4,500) and third prize is £2000 ($3,000). The competition is open to all U.K. animators using Flash and entries will be judged by industry professionals. The winning entries will also be shown on both CartoonNetwork.co.uk and CartoonNetwork.com.
The 45th San Francisco International Film Festival has put out a call for entries for its 2002 festival to run April 18 - May 2. Submissions are open to narrative features, documentaries, shorts, animation, experimental and television productions on film, video and digital media. The entry deadline is November 30, 2001.
LEVEL13.NET and DIRECTV are inviting all aspiring animators to participate in their first co-sponsored Animated Film Festival. The deadline for submissions is September 28. Winners in three categories will be selected by a panel of judges in the field of entertainment, animation and broadcasting and will be announced in December. The winners will receive a US$2,500 cash prize. The three categories are 2D animation, 3D animation and experimental animation.
* Clermont-Ferrand Short Film Festival: Friday, February 01 - Saturday, February 09, 2002, Clermont-Ferrand, France.
Entry Deadline: Friday, October 19, 2001
* Thursday, September 20 - Sunday, September 23, 2001. Woodstock, New York, U.S.A.
Entry Deadline: July 1, 2001.
* Friday, November 9 Sunday, November 18, 2001, Derry, Northern Ireland, U.K.
Entry Deadline: September 1, 2001