FUNimation Announces “Fullmetal Free Ride” to Comic-Con Contest
Attention Fullmetal Alchemist fans! This is your chance to win a free trip to Comic-Con International 2010. Here are the details straight from FUNimation. Read carefully.
Flower Mound, TX (May 15, 2010) – FUNimation Entertainment invites anime fans to try their hand at filmmaking while expressing their Fullmetal Alchemist fandom. Be it an action flick, guerilla documentary, or biopic – the entry which best shows that its filmmaker is the most ardent fan of the hit anime series “Fullmetal Alchemist” and “Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood” will win that filmmaker a free trip to the mecca of animation: Comic-Con International.
From now through June 4, contestants may make their plea for the chance to win this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and possibly the greatest pop culture experience, by creating a 90-second video, posting it to YouTube.com, and filing their entry via www.fullmetalalchemist.com/comiccon.
The Grand Prize:
• Two round trip airfare tickets to San Diego from your U.S. residence
• Two nights hotel stay
• Two passes to attend two consecutive days of the 41st annual Comic-Con International
which runs July 22-25
• $500 spending money
• Meet and be photographed with U.S. voice actors and the executive producer of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Kouji Taguchi
• Introduction at the FUNimation panel held during the convention
• Screening of viral video before an audience of thousands at the FUNimation panel
• The complete FUNimation Fullmetal Alchemist DVD and Blu-ray catalog, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Part One on DVD and Blu-ray and assorted Fullmetal Alchemist merchandise
The First Prize:
• The remaining finalists will receive Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Part One on DVD and Blu-ray Bottom of Form
• Videos should be no longer than 90 seconds
• You must be 18 or older at the time of entry and be a legal U.S. resident to enter (apologies to our non-U.S. fans)
• All forms and styles are welcome
• Entrants may not use any animation or audio from the series
• Individuals are allowed to submit as many as five separate videos, each of which will qualify for one entry
• Read the full contest rules at www.fullmetalalchemist.com
How to Enter, etc.:
• Upload your video clip to YouTube.com , then fill out the form at www.fullmetalalchemist.com (you will be asked for the link to your video as you enter)
• Share your video with friends! Bottom of Form
• FUNimation staff will choose five finalist videos based on originality, creativity, overall visual appeal and by how much we are entertained/moved/humored by your video.
• One of five finalists will be announced every day from June 7 – June 11
• Links to the five finalist videos will be posted on the Fullmetal Alchemist official website, www.fullmetalalchemist.com, the official FUNimation blog, as well as the official FUNimation Twitter, @funimation, each day from June 7 – June 11
The Grand Prize winner will be announced on June 11