Bekmambetov Talks 9, Wanted 2 and Moby Dick
TB: It will be a fantasy world, very realistic and grounded, but a fantasy world that nobody has seen before with the ocean and the creature. It’s very difficult to explain in words.
BD: And when are you planning on making Moby Dick?
TB: I'm planning on making it right after Wanted 2. End of next year, I hope.
BD: And what's happening with Dusk Watch?
TB: Unfortunately, nothing, because I'm busy with these two movies and I'm producing two Russian movies.
BD: Black Lightning with Universal?
TB: Yes, it's about a young boy who finds a car created by Soviet scientists in the '60s with a unique engine that enables the car to fly. It will be released in Russia this coming December.
BD: And what about here?
TB: Who knows? There are 750 CG shots and my company did 60% of the shots and the rest of the 40% are done by our Russian friends and partners.
BD: And what is the second film you're producing?
TB: It's a Russian comedy about the children's soccer championship. They are homeless children who use their skills to play soccer. Right now it's called Kolotilov. And also we almost have a green light with New Regency called The Darkest Hour about the end of the days in Moscow. I hope we start producing next March.
Bill Desowitz is senior editor of AWN & VFXWorld.