Mind Your Business: Where Artists Fail
I could have just replied to his email but:
- It’s more professional to speak directly with someone
- I didn’t know when he would see the email and I wanted it resolved immediately
- I wanted to limit the time he thought I had screwed up
- We could quickly deal with the problem if he never received the email (that was the problem, even though I called him to expect it, he never saw it and forgot about it)
- It also felt great to hear him realize I delivered early, not late. whew
I know using a phone to actually call someone can be a real nuisance for some of you, but get over it. You know how to dial don’t you? Just stick your finger in the hole and make little circles…or tickle the pads with your finger…or touch their speed dial number…or ask Siri to make the call for you. Just do it.
It will only make your life easier and your art career more successful.
Mark Simon, is the co-founder of SellYourTvConceptNow.com and the owner of Animatics & Storyboards, Inc. and the animation producer for Tooth Fairy 2. Get Mark’s free 7 Biggest TV Pitch Mistakes download at www.SellYourTvConceptNow.com.