Secrets of Corel Painter Experts: Dwayne Vance
9. In Figure 15.9, I lay in a ground shadow underneath the car. The brush I use for this is the Chalk Brush, with a custom setting for Square Chalk.
10. I move on to defining other parts of the car. In Figure 15.10, I fill in the areas of the car body to bring out the form. I am still using the Square Chalk Brush and an Eraser Brush to create the forms.
11. In Figure 15.11, I add some highlights to the metal by using the F-X, Glow Brush. This brush is similar to color dodge: just keep laying color until it becomes brighter and gives a metallic look to the car body.
12. In Figure 15.12, I start adding some details and finishing touches.
13. I decide to add all the body cut lines using a lighter color and the F-X, Glow Brush again. Figure 15.13 shows the completed sketch with dust coming up from the wheels.