Poser 8 Revealed: Creating and Applying Materials - Part 1
Show Skeleton Beneath Skin
1. Open Poser with the default Ryan figure loaded.
2. Click on the Material tab to open the Material Room.
3. Open the Library palette and locate the Ryan Skeleton figure in the Poser 8/Additional Figures/Skeletons folder and click on the Create New Figure button.
The skeleton model that matches the Ryan figure is loaded.
4. Select the Skeleton figure from the Figure List and select the Figure, Conform To menu command. In the Conform To dialog box, select the Ryan figure.
The skeleton is now conformed to the Ryan figure so that posing the Ryan figure makes the skeleton follow along.
5. Open the Material Room and click on Ryan’s skin to select its material. Then drag the Transparency dial to 75%.
By making the skin material semi-transparent, the skeleton underneath becomes visible.
6. Select the Head objects and set its Transparency also to 75%.
7. Pose the Ryan figure and focus in on the shoulder bones.
The skeleton is seen beneath the semi-transparent skin, as shown in Figure 8-17.
8. Select File, Save As and save the file as Skeleton under skin.pz3.
Kelly L. Murdock has more than 15 years experience in the computer graphics arena, especially in the area of 3D graphics. Included in the experience is a variety of tasks from high-end CAD product design and architectural pre-visualization to virtual reality and games. Kelly is best known for his international best-selling books on graphics including the 3ds max Bible, Illustrator Bible and Naked Maya. He also is the author of Poser 6 Revealed and Poser 7 Revealed as well as Edgeloop Character Modeling for 3D Professionals. Kelly currently works as a freelance designer for Logical Paradox Design, a company that he founded with his brother.